Cameo Heights Mansion is located off U.S. Route 12
To get to Cameo Heights Mansion, please follow the directions and map below. If you are using your GPS, please scroll down to read our helpful notes, as some GPS systems do not have the roads in our area correctly labeled! If you have any questions on getting to the Mansion, please contact us!
- Traveleing in Southeastern Washington, aproximately halfway between Walla Walla and Tri-Cities on U.S. Route 12, exit north between mile marker 312 & 313 onto Oasis Road.
- Follow Oasis Road 1.2 miles to house number 1072. (You will first pass a house at 1008 Oasis and Cameo Heights will be the large house that follows.)
- You have arrived. Make yourself at home. Our home is your home for a night--maybe even for a few days!
Coming by GPS? PLEASE read these notes!
There are at least two comments associated with using GPS to navigate to Cameo Heights Mansion.
- Google knows our address so simply input Cameo Heights Mansion as the place and Google will locate our address. Do not use 1072 Oasis Road because Google sees the private road as Orchard road. Best to just use our B&B name.
- Some older automobile GPS navigation systems are incorrect in their routing to Cameo Heights Mansion. Sometimes they will route you onto "North Shore Road" or onto "Dodd Road". If you see either of these roads in your routing, abandon your GPS navigation. In the case of Dodd Road, you might eventually arrive at the Mansion but it will be a long journey. In the case of "North Shore Road" the same could be said, provided you are using a hand cart to make part of the journey.
So what do you do if either of these routings instructions take place?
Use your cell phone. These have all the latest updates. If no cell phone is available and you are on an automotive GPS, then here are simple instructions: When coming from the West, IGNORE the GPS prompting to turn onto Dodd Road or later onto North Shore Road. Rather continue straight forward until arriving at Wallula Junction. Continue by turning Left onto HWY 12 towards Walla Walla. 4.5 miles later, turn Left onto Oasis Road.
Oasis Road is 1.2 miles of part pavement and part gravel and is a wide well constructed road that for most people should provide no obstacle.
Need more help? Want more details?
Where is US 12?
US 12 is the US East/West Route that runs from Aberdeen Washington to Detroit Michigan. Coming from the West side of Washington, it runs concurrently with I-82 from Yakima to West of Richland where, at exit 102, it proceeds concurrently with I-182 around the Tri-Cities to Pasco. I-182 ends in Pasco and U.S. 12 intersects US 395. Hwy 12 continues South Easterly through Wallula where it interests US 730. US 12 continues Easterly to Walla Walla.
If you are approaching from the East, US 12 is the highway connecting Lewiston to Walla Walla and then the Tri-Cities.
While traveling along US 12, watch the mile markers. Approximately 4 miles East of Wallula junction is mile marker 312 (or coming from the East, about 8 miles West of Touchet is mile marker 213.) Exit halfway between mile marker 312 and 313 midway between Pasco and Walla Walla by making a North turn off Highway 12 onto Oasis Road (private road) and continue traveling approximately 1.2 miles. (If you are approaching the exit from the West, it will be a left-hand turn against opposite traffic in the middle of a sweeping turn on the highway. In heavy traffic or at night, some guests like to drive on ahead 1000 feet where you can turn around and come back to the exit for a simple right-hand turn onto the exit ramp.) After exiting hwy 12, you will cross the Walla Walla river, a railroad and a cattle guard on the way. After passing the cattle guard, driving a short distance will bring you to a full right hand 90-degree turn. Ignore the immediate steep left-hand fork and continue straight ahead. In about 3/4 miles you will see our pink brick Mansion as you climb a gradual rise in the road. In the entryway between two imposing lava rocks, in front of the tall rock on the left-hand side, you will see a sign with the house number 1072. Congratulations! You have arrived!
Visiting during the holiday season?
During Christmas and New Year's season, you can just follow the lights to find your way to Cameo Heights Mansion.
Sam Davey did the honors of shooting the night shots of Cameo Heights Mansion with the Christmas lights.