Policy Table of Contents.
- General Policies
- Check-In, Check-Out, and Late Arrivals
- Pets & Service Animals
- What Forms of Payment Can Be Used?
- Credit Cards
- Gift Certificates
- Schedule of Payments.
- Non-Refundable Deposit
- Schedule of Payments
- Trip Insurance
- Changing the Date of a Reservation
- Excessive Cleaning/Damage
1. General Policies.
As a resort hotel, Cameo Heights follows all minimum procedures required of hotels plus offers many additional amenities, with a couple of restrictions, as follows:
- Complimentary breakfast served every morning at 9:00 AM.
- Other times may be requested.
- Multi-course breakfast is ordered off a different menu every morning.
- Daily housekeeping is included in the room rate.
- No minimum stays are ever required.
- Front Desk Hours:
Our reception area is open and staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The front door is always open. Please walk right in. If perchance, you do not see anyone at the front desk, please call the number provided at the desk (509-394-0211) for immediate service. (See check-in procedure below.)
- Adults Only. Our guests are limited to individuals 18 years and older.
- Smoke-Free inside and outside. For everyone’s comfort, we invite our guests who smoke to take advantage of our outside designated smoking area.
- All Suites. All are single or double occupancy only. (We do, on occasion, make exceptions to this policy. Please call us if you need an exception.)
2. Check-In & Check-Out.
- Check-in Time: As early as 3:00PM.
- Check-out Time: No later than 11:00AM.
- For options regarding Earlier check-ins and/or Later check-outs, please refer to our Early Birds & Late Departures Special.
3. Pets & Service Animals.
- No Pets Policy.
In order to be sensitive to guests with allergies to pets, we have established a definitive “No Pets” policy. Pet boarding recommendations are available upon request.
- However, Service Animals are Permitted.
If you have a service animal, please visit now our Service Animals Policy Page
4. Forms of Payment.
- Cash. (We will always accept cash!)
- All Major Credit Cards. (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover). Because of merchant processor fees, we politely ask you to consider the following:
- Verify that the card you are giving us is the one you are going to want all payments to be made from.
- Decide who will be ultimately paying and use their card. We do not make charges on one card, then refund and charge another. The transaction expense is too great.
- Make all reservations with gift cards by phone call to apply the gift certificate first before any credit cards are run.
- Cameo Heights Mansion In-House Gift Certificates:
- You must call us with the gift certificates so we can apply them towards your room payment.
- Call if you have lost your house-issued gift certificate. We may be able to reproduce it!
- Costco version of CHM Gift Certificates. We welcome the use and redemption of Costco gift certificates. However certain conditions do apply:
- Think of Costco gift cards as cash. Possession is the key. For example, we can only accept a $100 Costo Gift Certificate as a non-refundable deposit if we have it in our possession, either by mail or hand-delivered.
- We reserve the right to refuse redemption of Costco gift cards or house gift certificates presented after reservations are booked and paid for unless the length of stay is increased or they are applied to additional purchases, such as dinner or gift shop items. (We do not apply Costco gift cards to spa services.)
- We do not redeem Costco gift cards in conjunction with any other discounts or promotions.
- We will not apply Costco gift cards to cover any portion of sales tax or gratuities.
- As stated on the card, we will accept the maximum of three Costco gift cards per stay, including dinner or any other packages (except spa services) during the same stay.
- At The Vine, we allow redemption of only one Costco gift card per couple provided they have not already used three gift cards on a coinciding stay.
- Costco gift cards have no expiration date.
- There is no partial redemption of a Costco gift card–it is all or none.
- Lost or stolen Costco gift cards cannot be replaced or redeemed, even if you have recorded the number of the gift card.
Acceptable Forms of Payment:
5. Schedule of Payments.
All reservations require the immediate payment of a non-refundable deposit of $100 for each individual booking.
Multiple Nights / Multiple Suites
Multi-night reservations require only one non-refundable deposit. Multi-suite continuous reservations for or by the same individuals for their personal stay (in other words, a couple books one suite for one or several nights and then, without an interruption in the booking, also reserves a different suite or suites for one or several more nights) will also require only one non-refundable deposit payment.
Suite and Package Payment Schedule After the Initial Deposit.
- 30-Days-Out: Thirty days prior to your date of arrival, which coincides with our 30-day cancellation policy, your credit card will be charged a non-refundable payment of the remaining balance of the entire length of your booked stay. Costco gift certificates can be included in this payment but if you arrive without them, your credit card will be charged upon your arrival. Payments by check will require full payment also to be received 30 days prior to your stay.
- 3-Day-Out: All spa packages and limo packages will now be charged at 50%. This payment is not refundable.
- 1-Day-Out: All other outstanding items on your account will now be charged. This is a non-refundable payment. Besides expediting the check-in, it starts the whole vacation experience on a very positive note instead of starting the check-in procedure talking about payment.
- Pay-As-You-Go: Dinners, beverages, and incidentals will be charged at the point of delivery so when you check-out, all conversation is about the quality of your stay–not about payments.
- Statement of Charges: A statement of all charges will be emailed to you on the day of your planned departure.
6. Cancellation Policy
We follow a strict cancellation policy here at Cameo Heights Mansion. We urge you to read it carefully before you book any reservation. Our two-interval-cancellation policy with a replacement booking safely net, the details of which follow below, will always apply regardless of the reasons for the cancellation, which reasons may include, but are not limited to: weather, illness or risk of illness, family emergencies, or even death of family members. (Even in these extreme cases which might be called “Acts of God”, the financial responsibility for your reservation does not transfer to us but remains solidly with you.)
- First Interval | Outside of 30-Days-Out of Arrival: Cancellations before 5:00 PM, 30 days (or more) before your arrival, will result in the forfeiture of the non-refundable deposit only. Shortening a multi-night reservation during this time frame will not cause you any financial consequence–but the unexpected emotional loss will later be unmistakable!
- Second Interval | Inside of 30-Days-Out of Arrival: All remaining charges for the rooms, including sales tax, are scheduled to be charged at this time. Cancellations or reductions of multi-night stays after 6:00 PM, 30 days out, will not relieve you of full financial responsibility for the entire length of your booked stay plus sales tax (regardless of the reason for the cancellation.) In other words, cancellations in this interval will occasion no refund.
- One-Time Replacement Booking for “direct bookings”: To soften the blow of forfeiting the full cost of a cancelled stay, we will compensate you by providing a free gift certificate towards a booking of a similar length stay on non-holiday weekdays (Monday-Thursday) between November 1 and March 31 of the upcoming year. This replacement provision gift certificate will have the following caveats:
- Expiration Date: It expires one year from the date of your cancelled booking.
- Non-Refundable Deposit Payment: Just as the persons with a cancellation more than 30 days of arrival will lose their non-refundable deposit payment as explained above, so do persons who cancel with less than 30 days lose a non-refundable deposit. In the original reservation, the previous non-refundable deposit payment became part of their now fully paid room payment so with the gift certificate for a rebooking, they have really lost nothing (other than the convenience of booking anytime they want.) So in the case of a replacement booking, their non-refundable deposit will be made at the time of their booking. (That is: Gift Certificate + Non-Refundable Deposit of $100 =s New Replacement Booking.) If they were to cancel this replacement booking, they would lose the nonrefundable deposit payment. (Thus it is, that in both cases of more than 30 or less than 30 days of arrival, each party will lose $100 with a cancellation.)
- Exceptions to Gift Certificate: No gift certificate for a replacement booking will be offered if:
- The reservation is a “No Show”.
- The cancellation request is made on the same day as the arrival date.
- The cancelled booking was made through a commissioned third-party provider, like Expedia or Booking.com, for example.
- The cancelled reservation is the second time the original paid-for-booking has been cancelled. After the second cancellation, the original gift certificate will become null and void.
PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19 update brought about a significant relaxation of these rules when guests reported a COVID related cancellation. Please be aware that as of July 1, 2021, we have gone back to this cancellation policy for all bookings regardless of the circumstances that may have prompted the cancellation.
7. Trip Insurance
We suggest that you consider the purchase of trip insurance to protect you against any and all unforeseen contingencies including sudden illness, threat of illness, accident, emergency or death in the family, airline cancellations resulting in missed travel arrangements, and all weather-related issues, etc. We partner with InsureMyTrip because they are the best option to compare plans and find the right coverage for you. They have thousands of travel insurance plans and a one-of-a-kind recommendation engine to help travelers find the right plan for them. More importantly, they will be there for you before, during and after your trip if you should need anything – especially help with a claim from the provider.
8. Changing the Date of a Reservation
- Outside 30-Days-Out: The first time you change the date of an existing reservation outside the 30-Days-Out date will be handled simply by changing the arrival date of the current reservation. Period! No fees. No new non-refundable payment. However, if you should need to change the date a second or multiple times, we will require the repayment of the non-refundable deposit of $100 for each change of date after the first.
- Inside 30-Days-Out: For all practical purposes, changing the date of a reservation inside the 30-Days-Out period, is a cancellation. As such, your situation will follow the cancellation procedures described above.
9. Excessive Cleaning/Damage
In the rare case that a suite or any of their contents are damaged or require professional cleaning due to guest negligence, you will be billed a fee equal to the cost of replacement or professional cleaning required to resolve the damage.
If you have any questions about any part of this policy, please contact us prior to booking.
It is our hope that you will find these policies reasonable and we assure you they will be administered fairly. Please call us if you have any questions.