It is our hope that you will find these policies reasonable and we assure you they will be administered fairly. Please call us if you have any questions.
- General Policies
- Check-In, Check-Out, and Late Arrivals
- Pets & Service Animals
- Bookings, Non-Refundable Deposit, Credit Cards and other Forms of Payment
- Payments after the Deposit
- Gift Certificates
- Adults Only
- Our guests are limited to individuals 18 years and older.
- Smoke Free
- For everyone’s comfort, we invite our guests who smoke to take advantage of the adjacent wide open spaces surrounding the grounds.
- All Suites are single or double occupancy only. (We do, on occasion, make exceptions to this policy. Please call us if you need an exception.)
Check-In & Check-Out
- Check-in Time: 3:00 PM
In order for the mansion to be completely prepared to welcome you, please do not check in before 3:00 PM unless special arrangements have been made. If you plan to check in after 6:00 PM, kindly call the mansion at 509-394-0211 to make arrangements for your later arrival.
- Check-out Time: 11:00 AM
In most cases, your prompt departure at or before 11:00 AM is necessary in order to prepare your suite for new guests who will checking-in in the afternoon. Your cooperation in this is appreciated. If you desire a later check-out, please discuss it before hand with management.
- Expecting a Late Arrival?
We encourage guests who expect to arrive late to come by early and get a key to their room and, if possible, be given a tour of their room and the Mansion. If you plan to arrive after 6:00 PM, always to call to make arrangements for your check-in.
- For early check-ins and late check-outs, please refer to our Early Birds & Late Arrivals Special.
Pets & Service Animals
- No Pets Policy
- In order to be sensitive to guests with allergies to pets, we have established a definitive “No Pets” policy. Pet boarding recommendations are available upon request.
- However, we do have a white Pyrenees / husky female dog who lives outside the Mansion. She is friendly to all guests. She does not jump on guests or bark at night unless something very unusual happens. You may approach her with confidence. Her name is Dolly Parton (blue eyes, blond hair).
- Service Animals are permitted. Please visit our Service Animals Policy page for more information.
Bookings, Non-Refundable Deposit, Credit Cards and other Forms of Payment
- You can book online through the CHM website or call us at 509-394-0211 to book your reservation. The online occupancy is real time so is 100% accurate. To confirm the reservation of your suite, you will need to make a non-refundable deposit payment of $100 at the time of your initial booking. Online bookings are immediate and you will receive an automatic email confirmation immediately after you book.
- Acceptable Forms of Payment of the Non-Refundable Deposit or any other Payments:
- Cash (We will always accept cash!)
- All major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover).
- Gift Certificates. You must always call to make a booking if you plan to have any of these Gift Certificates used as deposit payment.
- Cameo Heights Mansion in-house Gift Certificates, BedandBreakfast.com Gift Certificates, Unique Inns Gift Certificates, Select Registry Gift Certificates and WBBG Gift Certificates Call us with the GC numbers and we will apply $100 of it towards your required non-refundable deposit payment. You must call to make your reservation as the online booking engine cannot accept GC payments, only credit cards.
- Costco version of CHM Gift Certificates. This version is unique. We will only accept a $100 Costo Gift Certificate as a deposit if you bring them in or send it to us by mail. Giving us the GC numbers of a Costco GC will not constitute the deposit payment because we cannot redeem this particular GC without having the certificate in possession. Think of them as cash.
- Credit card processing:
Merchant processors charge a small fee for every credit card charge. The charges vary as the circumstances and types of cards vary, but our average charge often exceeds 3.0%. We willingly accept these costs as part of doing business. It makes for a very efficient and secure means to accept payment.
- Refunds of credit card charges:
Refunds put a big wrinkle in the process. The refund also has a fee, usually one percent less than the charge fee, and then if payment is transferred to another card, this new transaction will cost another 3%. So in the case of refunds with a second charge, just the cost of handling of the payment comes to nearly 10%! I am betting you did not know that.
- Because of this credit card issues, we politely ask you to accept the following considerations:
- Verify that the card you are giving us is okay to pull the non-fundable deposit payment from.
- If you expect the 30-Days-Out payment to come from a different card, it is your responsibility to tell us that before those charges are made.
- If you are making the non-refundable deposit payment for another party of guests and you expect to be reimbursed for that later, please arrange for them to pay you back rather than ask us to reverse your charges and apply them to the other guest’s credit cards.
- Reservations with gift cards or certificates should call before booking so your credit card will not be charged with the expectation of a refund later when you present the gift certificate.
- If refunds still become necessary, we can surely do that, but the charge for issuing a refund will be 6% of the amount being refunded. (Refunds where we have made mistakes, etc. will, of course, not incur any fee.)
Payments after the Deposit
- 30-Days-Out: Thirty days prior to your date of arrival, which coincides with our 30-day cancellation policy, your credit card will be charged the full balance of your room reservation. Gift certificates can be included in this payment if we have been given them. Payments by check will require full payment also to be received 30 days prior to your stay.
- 1-Day-Out: All packages and special services on your account will now be charged. This is a non-refundable payment. This expedites the check-in and we don’t begin our conversation talking about payment.
- Pay-As-You-Go: Dinners, beverages, and incidentals will be charged at the point of delivery so when you check-out, any discussion again, is not about payments.
- A statement of all charges will be placed under your door on the day of your planned departure.
Cancellations have become frequent and costly for us. As a coveted destination resort, our bookings are often several months out. Short notice cancellations are difficult to rebook presumably because guests book highly anticipated vacations several months in advance. For this reason, we have revised our cancellation policy from 10-Days-Out to 30-Days-Out. If you made your booking before August 16, 2017, you are still subject to the terms of our previous cancellation policy. All bookings made after August 16, 2017, will follow this policy as stated below:
- Unless otherwise noted, such as for weddings or group events, all reservations will be confirmed with a non-refundable deposit of $100 at the time of booking.
- Cancellations of 31 days or more of your arrival will result in the forfeiture of the non-refundable deposit.
- Reservations within 30 days of scheduled arrival will be charged, or are subject to being charged, 100% of the total room charges, including sales tax, minus the deposit. The sum of these entire room payments will be considered non-refundable room payments in the event of any cancellations within 30 days of arrival.
- The non-refundable room payments in the previous item may be applied to a one-time replacement booking of a similar length stay, on non-holiday weekdays between November 1 and March 31 of the upcoming year. A non-refundable deposit of $100 will also be required to complete the new booking.
- If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us prior to booking.
- Redeeming a Gift Certificate: Cameo Heights Mansion Gift certificate holders must call to book their suite, otherwise, they will be asked online for their credit card information and their card will be charged. Due to merchant processor fees on refunds as well as charges, there will be a processing fee of 6% of the refunded payment.