Walla Walla Annual Events
There are so many reasons why Walla Walla is the perfect year-round destinations for any traveler, but one of the biggest is the selection of incredible annual events in town! From food and wine events that showcase the best of the Walla Walla Valley to holiday festivities that celebrate the seasons, you’ll find a little bit of everything in our town. Here are some of our favorite events in Walla Walla!
Are you looking for even more great things to do in Walla Walla? Download our free Vacation Guide!
The Best Annual Events in Walla Walla
Spring Into These Events
As the weather begins to warm up, Walla Walla bursts into the bright colors of spring and the songs of the birds returning from their winter migration. This is a time unlike any other, and should not be missed by travelers. Take a look at some of our favorite events that happen during spring!
- Walla Walla Spring Release Weekend: Enjoy newly-released wines and welcome the new season of grape-growing in Walla Walla with Spring Release Weekend! Enjoy the many special events that take place at the local wineries and tasting rooms, and take advantage of the opportunity to chat with the winemakers themselves! Spring Release Weekend typically is held in early May.
- Walla Walla Spring Fling: Celebrate all things “spring” with Walla Walla Spring Fling! It’s held every year in Pioneer Park in downtown Walla Walla, and features a great number of live performances from local schools, musicians, and more! Be sure to check out the many vendors to get a sweet treat or refreshing drink. This event takes place during early May.
- Lavender Days at Blue Mountain Lavender Farm: Tour picturesque fields during Lavender Days! This event is typically held during peak lavender season, which lands around the end of spring. You can visit the farm, completely free of charge, and pick lavender, have a picnic on the grounds, learn how to make a wreath or mini basket, or sample some of the lavender-infused goods. Be sure to browse the Farm Boutique to pick up some homemade products, like aroma wraps.
Summer means the weather is hot and the fun is never-ending! From patriotic events to food festivals, there is so much to do and see during the summer. Take a look at some of our favorite warm-weather events!
- Feast Walla Walla: Held each year in late June, the recently rebranded Feast @ Festival Walla Walla is the ultimate food and wine celebration. In previous years, over 40 local restaurants, wineries, and breweries have gathered in downtown Walla Walla to provide tasty treats. Add to that live music and you have an event that is not to be missed.
- Fourth of July in Walla Walla: Formally called the River of Fire Festival, the Fantastic Fourth Celebration in Pioneer Park celebrates America’s Independence Day with style. The main draw of this event is the performance from Walla Walla Valley Concert Band. Enjoy patriotic classics, as well as few surprises, during the festivities.
- Walla Walla Sweet Onion Festival: This unique festival celebrates one of the most popular local crops: the Walla Walla sweet onion. Held in late July, this event features kid-friendly games, live music, chef demonstrations, and local vendors selling snacks, gifts, and more!
- Wheelin’ Walla Walla Weekend: Enjoy classic gars, a beer garden, live music, and an old-fashioned BBQ during Wheelin’ Walla Walla Weekend! This event is held every year during the weekend after Labor Day.
- Walla Walla Frontier Days: Say goodbye to summer with a visit to Walla Walla Frontier Days at the Walla Walla County Fair. This five-day festival includes rodeos, a parade, a demolition derby, concerts, and fantastic vendors.
Fall in Love with Walla Walla
Autumn in Walla Walla brings cooler weather and colorful leaves. Birders flock to the area to see the fall migrations of the more than 300 species of birds that live in the region. Corn mazes and pumpkin farms are also common sights during this season. If you want to experience Walla Walla in the fall, take a look at the following events and plan your trip!
- Walla Walla Fall Release Weekend: Fall Release typically occurs during the first weekend of November and notes the end of the grape-growing season in Walla Walla. During the weekend, wineries and tasting rooms encourage guests to visit and ask questions about wine-making, grape-growing, and more. You’ll be able to get the first taste of many newly-released wines, many of which can only be sampled by visiting these locations!
- Walla Walla Balloon Stampede: Held each year in late October, the Balloon Stampede draws visitors from all around the globe to witness these incredible displays. The festival is held over four days, with each day featuring different events. From competitions to uniquely-shaped balloons, you’ll see a little bit of everything at this awesome festival!
Cozy up in the Winter
Expect snowy weather when you visit Walla Walla in the winter. There’s no better place in the world to enjoy the holiday season and the new year than by booking a room in our gorgeous bed and breakfast. A winter wonderland is waiting for you in Walla Walla! Take a look at some of the fantastic events you can attend during the winter season.
- Walla Walla Holiday Barrel Tasting: Welcome the holiday season with one of the biggest wine events in the region. The Walla Walla Holiday Barrel Tasting takes place every year during the first full weekend in December. During the festivities, attendees are encouraged to visit various wineries and tasting rooms in the region. Each location features food, art, music, and more festive fun!
- Walla Walla Parade of Lights: Nothing gets you more in the holiday mood than the Walla Walla Parade of Lights. Held on the first Saturday in December, the parade typically features over 75 floats created by local schools, businesses, churches, and clubs.
- Walla Walla Chamber Music Festival: Fans of classical music should not miss the Walla Walla Chamber Music Festival. It is typically held in early January and features world-famous performers. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a better opportunity to enjoy some of the best contemporary classical performances.