The Red Mountain AVA happens to be the smallest American Viticultural Area in Washington, but it produces some of the most highly acclaimed red wine varietals. Bottles of Red Mountain wine are coveted from around the world! From crisp, refreshing whites and big, bold Cabernet, Syrah, Merlot, and Petit Verdot. Due to the geography, terroir, and climate, these warm-weather reds thrive in this AVA.
You’ll find some of the best wineries for tasting Red Mountain wines in just under an hour’s scenic drive from our Walla Walla bed and breakfast. Cameo Heights Mansion is the ideal place to make your home base for your next Washington wine country getaway. Not only will you have a luxurious and romantic guest suite, a beautiful breakfast each morning (included with your stay), and access to our stunning outdoor pool oasis, but we can also chauffeur you to the best wineries where you’ll taste Red Mountain wine on our wine tours.
Where to Find the Best Red Mountain Wine
Many of our guests travel to our beautiful region with wine tasting in mind, and the best way to do this is by arranging all your transportation beforehand. This way, you can focus on enjoying yourself at these incredible Walla Walla, Columbia Valley, and Red Mountain wine areas. Luckily for our guests, we offer luxury wine tours in the surrounding areas, where you can pick your itinerary and sit back and sip.
Here are five wineries where you’ll find some delicious Red Mountain wines:
- Col Solare: When two influential winemakers came together from Washington State and Tuscany, they created this winery in the Red Mountains known for its stunning Cabernet Sauvignon. They offer four tasting options, from a classic flight to a barrel room private tour.
- Fidelitas Wines: Located on the slopes of the Red Mountain AVA, the winemakers here have more than 40 years of experience creating big, bold reds. The outdoor patio space with sweeping views of the vineyards is one of the best places to taste some Red Mountain wine.
- Kiona Vineyards and Winery: From the mind of two engineers turned winemakers, you’ll find an exciting array of red varietals to try at this Red Mountain winery. Not only do they make and bottle their own wine, but many local wineries source their fruit from these growing masters.
- Frichette Winery: This family-owned winery produces small-batch, limited case wines. The tasting experience is fantastic, with signature, winemaker, or even mystery flights.
- Terra Blanca Winery: Perched on the southwest slope of the Red Mountains, this family-owned winery is Tuscan-inspired with a beautiful tasting room, cave barrel room, and rolling acres of white and red varietals.
Elegant Lodging in the Walla Walla Valley
Cameo Heights mansion features seven spacious, elegantly themed suites with private bathrooms complete with air-jetted tubs, separate showers, gas fireplaces, and much more. You’ll feel whisked away to the beautiful Spanish countryside or the south of France! We guarantee that each suite at our luxurious Walla Walla bed and breakfast is ideal for a relaxing and rejuvenating getaway to Washington wine country.
You’ll also have access to a host of complimentary amenities during your stay, from our waterfall-fed outdoor pool and hot tub, game and movie room, and lovely breakfasts each morning. Book a treatment at our on-site spa, and make reservations for a romantic dinner at The Vine, our fine dining restaurant on the property. You’ll find the wine list here features some of the best Red Mountain wine varietals!