In between wine tastings in Walla Walla, head over to Blue Mountain Lavender Farm for U-pick flowers, a charming farm store, plant sales, and lavender craft classes. As a family-owned establishment, you’ll be welcomed warmly. The founders of Blue Mountain Lavender Farm arrived in the United States from France in the late 1990s. Their passion for agriculture came with them, and this beautiful ten-acre lavender farm was born. Today the farm is home to more than 25 varieties of this purple herb, and they produce their own line of handcrafted lavender products.
The Walla Walla Valley is home to countless vineyards, and pretty farms tucked away in its vast, beautiful landscapes. If you’d like this feeling to continue with your lodging accommodations, then Cameo Heights Mansion—the premier Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast—is the ultimate choice for your next getaway. Our luxury B&B is surrounded by rolling hills, vineyards, an ancient orchard, and manicured gardens. Inside, the opulence continues in our glamorous guest suites, packed with amenities and beautiful spa-like bathrooms.
Join us in Walla Walla for the most romantic and relaxing stay; book your room today!
Stroll the Fields at Blue Mountain Lavender Farm
The Blue Mountain Lavender Farm is one of the most fragrant and beautiful activities in the Walla Walla Valley. Located in the nearby town of Lowden, this site features nearly two acres with 25 varieties of lavender! Learn everything there is to know about this plant and the farm when you visit during your stay at Cameo Heights Mansion.
Here are five things to know about the Blue Mountain Lavender Farm:
- While currently, the fields are still awash in green, the buds of the lavender plants are just beginning to show their purple hues. The lavender season officially starts in early June, but you can still visit throughout the spring to purchase plants and beautifully scented goods from the farm store.
- U-pick lavender is one of the most popular activities at the Blue Mountain Lavender Farm. Stroll the purple fields with your basket and garden shears (provided for you). Afterward, they will zip tie your bouquet and charge accordingly. You’ll bask in the scent for the rest of the day!
- The annual Lavender Days event takes place during the lavender’s prime blooming season so that visitors can admire these picturesque fields at the peak of their glory. Visit this farm and enjoy activities like lavender picking, picnicking on the pristine grounds, or taking pictures in this scenic backdrop. Try a complimentary glass of lavender lemonade and attend one of their classes to learn how to make a lavender wreath or mini-basket!
- The Farm Boutique offers various homemade lavender products, such as dried lavender, soothing aroma wraps, sachets, candles, and bath oils.
- Lavender is widely used in aromatherapy practices and is known to aid in relaxation and ease anxiety. Guests often report a feeling of euphoria and calm after a visit to the Blue Mountain Lavender Farm. We can’t recommend it enough during your time at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast.
Relax Poolside After a Day out in Walla Walla, WA
Make your next getaway to Walla Walla your ultimate dream vacation by staying in the finest lodging possible, Cameo Heights Mansion! Our luxury bed and breakfast is designed for your ultimate comfort and relaxation. Not only do we provide deluxe rooms with the finest furnishings, but we also offer unparalleled amenities, including a theatre room, outdoor pool and hot tub, library, and game room, to name a few! And, not to mention our delightful breakfast each morning.
The Vine Fine-Dining is our on-site gourmet restaurant, which you’ll want to visit more than once during your stay. Our talented chefs prepare nightly multi-course menus that rival any fancy restaurant in the big cities. You’re guaranteed to love spending time with us in our beautiful spot in Washington, so don’t hesitate another second—check our availability and book your stay today!