Cameo Heights Mansion is located just outside of Walla Walla, Washington, and right in the heart of the state’s premier wine tasting region. If you’re looking for a wonderful and relaxing place to get away this summer, you may have just stumbled upon it. How does a touch of luxury at our 5-star hotel, combined with a little bit of Walla Walla wine tasting, sound to you?
Cameo Heights Mansion is situated in the quiet countryside surrounding Walla Walla and the Tri-Cities. Beyond providing 5-star service and luxury amenities, we also offer guests and other visitors the chance to dine at one of the best restaurants in the area, The Vine Restaurant. If this sounds like the intimate, secluded, and romantic getaway you’ve been dreaming of, then now is the time to make your plans. Book your room at our luxury boutique hotel today!
Where to go Wine Tasting in Walla Walla
Washington’s wine country is quickly becoming touted as one of the best wine-growing regions in the country, and we certainly think every wine lover should have the opportunity to sip and swirl their way through the area. Lucky for us, some of the best wineries in the state, both from the Walla Walla Valley Wine Region and the up-and-coming Red Mountain Region, are within easy reaching distance. With more than 100 incredible wineries located within 35 miles of our hotel, Walla Walla wine tasting has never been easier!
Walla Walla is only a 4 1/2 hour drive from Seattle and just under 4 hours from Portland (or a much-easier 1-hour flight!), which means it’s pretty easy to get to as far as getaway destinations are concerned. It’s just as spectacular to visit as it is easy to get here, too. Though wine grapes have been growing in the area since the 1800s, it hasn’t been until relatively recently that Walla Walla really took off as a wine destination to watch. The modern wine era of Walla Walla really got its start in 1970 with the foundation of Leonetti Cellar, but it wasn’t until 1984 that the area was designated as its own AVA.
Just as each of the Walla Walla wineries are distinct, so, too, are the wines they produce. The Walla Walla wine tasting region is divided into 5 main districts, each of which offers visitors its own unique vibe. They include the Downtown, Southside, Westside, Airport, and Eastside districts.
As you move through your Walla Walla wine tasting adventure, we have little doubt that you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the range of varietals grown and produced here. They range from robust, tobacco-scented Cabernets and highly nuanced Merlots to blackberry-hinted Syrahs that melt in your mouth. There are also plenty of white, rosé, and specialty wines produced in the area.
The wineries, tasting rooms, and restaurants are open in Walla Walla, right alongside our exceptional hotel, which means now is a wonderful time to consider getting away from a few days of delicious Walla Walla wine tasting. As you begin to plan your journey, here are 10 sensational wineries to consider.
Walla Walla Wine Tasting
- L’ecole No. 41 is a great place to start your Walla Walla wine tasting adventure, especially if you’re new to Washington wines. They’ve won a number of awards over the years, including winning the best Bordeaux blend in the world.
- Enjoy a relaxed and delicious Walla Walla wine tasting experience at Abeja Winery’s rustic and understated, yet beautiful, tasting room.
- Seven Hills Winery is one of the oldest and most respected wineries in Walla Walla, and thus a great addition to your wine tasting adventure.
- The tasting room at Foundry Vineyards offers visitors a wonderful marriage between art and wine. The owners are artists in their own right, and their tasting room features a gallery, a sculpture garden, and a design shop. Their wines are often creative, too, but perennial favorites include their un-oaked chardonnay and their series of sparkling wines, which are all done in the pétillant-naturel style.
- Enjoy the breathtaking views and delicious wines at Doubleback Winery. This winery is especially popular with New England Patriot fans, as it’s co-owned by Drew Bledsoe (yep, the same Drew Bledsoe of football fame).
- As you step into the Long Shadows Winery tasting room, you’ll instantly feel pampered. With leather club chairs to sink into, large picture windows framing your view, and Chihuly glass on display, this is easily one of the most luxurious tasting rooms around. Not only is it a beautiful place to sip wine, but the wine is pretty delicious as well. Their Bordeaux blends and Rieslings, in particular, are worth a taste!
- Enjoy the views from Tranche Estate, where the vineyard overlooks a field of sheep below. They are very well known for their Rhone-style blends and they often feature live music on Friday nights.
- Valdemar Estates is relatively new to Walla Walla, but not to winemaking. Their family has been making wine in Spain for over 130 years, and as a result, this spot features some truly rare Spanish wines that you won’t find at other Walla Walla wineries.
- Mark Ryan Winery sources most of its grapes from the Red Mountain area, but the full-bodied red wines with a hint of smoke that are produced as a result are well worth your time. Their small and cozy tasting room is located in downtown Walla Walla.
- Woodward Canyon Winery, one of the earliest wineries in the area. Their old-world inspired wines are delicious, and tasting takes place in a restored 1870’s farmhouse.
We’d be happy to help you plan a private wine tour to some of the area’s top wineries, too. We offer luxury limousine service in the area, which includes private wine tours. Our safe and secure transportation allows you the freedom you crave to enjoy your wine tastings responsibly!
Wine, Dine, and Relax at our Walla Walla Hotel
It’s never been easier to drink great wine, savor a delicious meal, and relax in luxury than it is at our Walla Walla hotel. This is what makes Cameo Heights Mansion such a delightful getaway. With just 7 luxurious and internationally-themed guest rooms, a world-class restaurant on-site, and easy access to the area’s top wineries, we offer an incomparably intimate getaway to Washington’s wine country.
And, when you don’t feel like venturing out beyond our property for the day, there’s plenty here to enjoy as well. Relax in our pool or hot tub, curl up and watch a movie, enjoy the sunset over this beautiful countryside, take a hike in the area, or enjoy any of our incredible amenities! Experience the best of Walla Walla wine country this summer, and book a room at our luxurious hotel today!