For more than 40 years, the winemakers at Woodward Canyon Winery have been producing old-world-style wines from grapes grown in the Walla Walla Valley and other vineyards in Washington. You’ll find big, bold Cabernets and Bordeaux blends, as well as a lovely Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. Woodward Canyon is often most recognized for their old vine “Artists’ Series,” in which the bottle label changes yearly and always showcases an artist from the West Coast.
As a guest at our Walla Walla B&B, you’ll be only 15 minutes from Woodward Canyon Winery—though if you plan on doing a lot of wine tasting in one day, it’s best to book one of our wine tours in a luxury limo, and we’ll take to all of our nearby favorites. You’ll get to ride in style without a care in the world! After you’ve explored the Walla Walla wineries near our luxury bed and breakfast, we’ll bring you back for an elegant dinner at The Vine, our on-site fine dining restaurant. Enjoy your meal, and then retire to your comfortable suite for a restful night’s sleep.
Head over to our availability calendar and book your next stay today!
A Fantastic Wine Tasting at Woodward Canyon Winery
Rick Small and his wife, Darcey Fugman-Small, founded Woodward Canyon Winery in 1981, making them the second winery in the Walla Walla Valley. The duo is credited as being leaders in gaining recognition for the Walla Walla Valley AVA. They paved the way for many more wineries to put down roots in this area of Washington. Woodward Canyon Winery remains family-owned and operated, as the second generation of Smalls has joined the team running day-to-day operations and overseeing the facilities.
On your visit to Woodward Canyon Winery, you’ll find the tasting room in a converted 1870 farmhouse, surrounded by pastoral fields with wildflowers, rows of vineyards, and beautiful gardens. Guests are encouraged to roam the grounds—this is an excellent spot for an outdoor picnic in the sunshine; you’ll find tables with pretty views that make the perfect romantic location. Head inside for a flight of Woodward’s finest, a new tasting recently added to their offerings. If the wine sways you to have more, they waive the tasting fee if you purchase a bottle.
Other Nearby Walla Walla Wineries Not to Miss
After you’ve tasted the superb wines from Woodward Canyon Winery, head to these other nearby Walla Walla wineries for a beautiful afternoon exploring Washington wine county:
- L’Ecole No. 41: As one of the most distinguished wineries in the area, the wines here are consistently recognized as some of the best of the best. Located in a historic schoolhouse, you’ll love the tasting experience of flights with rich red blends and minerally whites.
- Waterbrook: Established in 1984, this beautiful 49-acre estate has lovely indoor and outdoor spaces in which to taste their big, bold reds and delicate whites. We love grabbing a spot by the outdoor fireplace for a locally-sourced lunch!
- Cougar Crest: Soak in the sweeping view of the vineyards from the large windows at this tasting room in Walla Walla. They offer an array of estate-grown varietals to taste through paired with small plate nibbles.
- Long Shadows: Taste these fantastic red wines surrounded by hand-blown glass installations at the Chihuly tasting room in Walla Walla. It’s one you won’t forget any time soon.
- Reininger: Winemaker Chuck Reininger is a pioneer in Walla Walla wine, which shows in his balanced, bold bottles of Cabernet.
- Three Rivers Winery: Inside the river rock-clad tasting room, you’ll find a cozy fireplace, perfect for a flight. The ample deck space offers expansive views of the vineyards stretching to the Blue Mountains.
The Perfect Lodging for Exploring Wine Country
From the moment you arrive at our Walla Walla bed and breakfast, you’ll see how different it is from your standard hotel offerings. We have comfortable, luxury accommodations, impeccable service, welcoming hospitality, and extensive amenities for the best getaway to Washington wine country. Not only are we very close to Woodward Canyon Winery, but our Inn sits within a 35-mile radius of more than 100 fantastic Walla Walla wineries.
Every morning starts with a homemade breakfast, either enjoyed in our on-site restaurant or from the privacy of your own room overlooking the orchards or pool area. In the evening, dine at our elegant on-site fine dining restaurant, The Vine. The menu is ever-changing with the best season and local ingredients (often from our very own garden.) Join us in the splendor of Cameo Heights Mansion, your first visit, won’t be your last. Book today!