Travel has evolved a lot over the past couple of years, and one trend we’ve noticed is that people want to support local communities more than ever with their dollars. And the Walla Walla Farmers Market is an excellent way to champion small businesses, hardworking local farmers, and craftspeople. It’s a way to guarantee that your spending is circling back into the local ethos, as you’ll be interacting directly with owners and those who put in tireless hours to grow fresh flowers, vegetables, and fruits, as well as the artisans creating beautiful products and goods.
Opening weekend for the Walla Walla Farmers Market is May 6th, 2023, and happens every Saturday through the end of October from 9 am to 1 pm. It’s the perfect way to savor, sample, and sip your way through downtown Walla Walla. Stop by the many vendors, enjoy live music, and then plan on lunch or happy hour at one of the restaurants in downtown Walla Walla. You’ll also want to enjoy the downtown Walla Walla wineries offering wine tastings, glass pours, and bottle sales. The only thing that makes the Walla Walla Farmers Market a bit more fun is wine!
Before you start filling up your itinerary in Washington wine country, you’ll want to secure your lodging. While our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast is about a half-hour scenic drive from downtown, we’re the perfect location set back in the rolling countryside with a picturesque orchard and vineyard surrounding our luxurious outdoor pool and spa area.
The deluxe Cameo Heights Mansion is home to our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast with seven spacious, internationally themed suites with private bathrooms complete with air-jetted tubs and separate showers, gas fireplaces, and much more. Enjoy breakfast on the house and delicious tasting menus from our on-site fine dining restaurant, The Vine. Join us at one of the best places to stay in Walla Walla and book your room today!
Explore the Walla Walla Farmers Market & More Downtown
Downtown Walla Walla has a charming small-town vibe with a tree-lined main street with locally owned boutiques, restaurants, cafes, and wine tasting rooms. You can spend the afternoon popping into the shops, tasting wine, and having a bite to eat here and there. While the Walla Walla Farmers Market should be on your list, there’s so much more to explore in this part of town.
Here are a handful of the best ways to celebrate the bounty of spring in downtown Walla Walla:
- Walla Walla Farmers Market: The best way to fully sample a taste of the local businesses is by heading to the Downtown Walla Walla Farmers Market. Dozens of vendors gather from May to October on Saturday mornings to show off their crafts, wares, and produce. It’s guaranteed to be a delicious adventure where you’ll find fresh produce, locally made cheeses, cut flowers, baked goods, hand-crafted items, art, and more.
- Downtown Walla Walla Wine Tasting: There are around 30 tasting rooms in downtown Walla Walla, each offering a distinct atmosphere, flights, glass pours, and cellar-worthy bottles. After a visit to the Walla Walla Farmers Market, there’s no better agenda than exploring these local establishments and sipping the afternoon away. A few of our favorites are House of Smith, Goose Ridge Winery, and Foundry Vineyards.
- If live music at the Walla Walla Farmers Market only whetted your appetite, be sure to pop by First and Main Street in downtown Walla Walla on Saturday evenings for more local performers and musicians.
- There’s a lovely selection of charming local boutiques and specialty gift shops in downtown Walla Walla. You’ll find plenty of fun things for souvenirs or future gifts for loved ones to bring back to our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast.
- There are plenty of amazing restaurants and cafes in downtown Walla Walla, many of which are run by chefs who frequent the Walla Walla Farmers Market. As of late, more chefs from Seattle and other big cities are coming to this area of the state—in part to the successful wineries, local produce and fresh farm goods, and the sunshine. A few of our favorites are Kinglet, Passatempo Taverna, Saffron Mediterranean Kitchen, and The Marc Restaurant.
Elegant Dining at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast
The downtown Walla Walla Farmers Market is an event we look forward to every Saturday. As a guest at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast and fine dining restaurant, The Vine, you’ll quickly see that we’re dedicated to showcasing fresh and local ingredients whenever possible. We even have our own herb and vegetable garden on-site to add to our lovely tasting menu. We’re one of the only Walla Walla Bed and Breakfasts in the area that offers on-site evening dining, and we hope you’ll join us at least once during your stay for a meal.
A perk of dining at The Vine as a guest is that there’s no transportation involved. You can thoroughly enjoy your Washington wine and tasting menu and be a matter of steps to your guest room, our game room, or an after-dinner dip in the pool. All of our spacious guest rooms are equipped with your utmost comfort in mind, from big, luxurious beds and plush robes and slippers to en-suite baths with high-end fixtures and bath products. You’ll wake refreshed and ready to explore the Walla Walla Farmers Market, the Walla Walla wineries, and much more.
If you’re planning a romantic getaway to Walla Walla, we have the best selection of special add-on packages to enhance your stay! These include everything from wine tours near our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast, romance packages with delectable treats awaiting your arrival, and visits to our on-site spa. There’s no better time to start planning your summer getaway to our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast! Book your room today.