Downtown Walla Walla is charming, eclectic, and welcoming. The Downtown District is also home to about 30 tasting rooms for flights, wine by the glass, bottles for sale, and snacks. You’ll also find award-winning restaurants, shopping, and fine arts—you could easily spend an entire day exploring the Downtown Walla Walla Wine District. And we’ve discovered that wine tasting is usually on the top of our guests’ lists when planning a romantic getaway, girl’s trip, or friend’s vacation.
Each year, the Walla Walla Valley becomes more of a leader in the Washington wine industry. In fact, the area was voted by USA Today as America’s Best Wine Region for an unprecedented third year in a row, a fantastic accomplishment for the region. It’s genuinely a well-earned recognition for our local Walla Walla wineries and the winemakers that have dedicated their lives to the vines. While visiting the vineyards themselves is always wonderful, heading to downtown Walla Walla for wine tasting tours is a treat.
To fully make your memorable getaway to wine country complete, you’ll want to stay at a unique place, and unlike a cookie-cutter hotel, our Bed and Breakfast in Washington State is absolutely one-of-a-kind. Our complimentary amenities, welcoming hospitality, and on-site perks are unparalleled! With only seven spacious yet intimate guest suites, we’re the premier location for romantic getaways and couples retreats. While there’s a lot to discover in downtown Walla Walla, you’ll have everything you need on our property during your stay. Start planning and get your reserve your room today.
The 10 Best Tasting Rooms in Downtown Walla Walla
The Downtown Walla Walla Wine District is ideal for a leisurely day tasting wine through the big, bold reds and crisp, dry whites our Washington wineries produce with ease. You’ll taste some truly excellent award-winning wines and often meet the talented winemakers behind these bottles and blends. Spring is a perfect time to visit, especially for the Spring Kick-Off Weekend this April 7th through the 9th, 2023.
Here are our ten favorite downtown Walla Walla tasting rooms to add to your itinerary:
- Seven Hills Winery: This tasting room is located in the historic Whitehouse-Crawford building in downtown Walla Walla. The space has been renovated with bright white walls and beautiful refinished original pine flooring—the perfect atmosphere for sipping through their Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon-based wines.
- Goose Ridge Winery: Located right in the heart of downtown, you’ll taste some fantastic Red Mountain AVA wines —an area home to some of the best Walla Walla wineries known for producing the finest big, bold Cabernets and Syrahs.
- Mark Ryan Winery: This elegant downtown tasting room is the ideal place to try this stalwart wineries label’s “The Dissident” and “Dead Horse.” Two of which are perfectly blended and soft on the palate.
- Spring Valley Vineyard: You’ll find indoor and outdoor seating at this downtown tasting room; try the “Winemaker’s Flight,” which includes four red wines from their reserve collection. Relax in the comfy chairs and learn more from knowledgeable wine ambassadors.
- House of Smith: Winemaker Charles Smith is the visionary behind K Vintners and Substance Wines, both of which you can have at the downtown tasting room in a converted auto-repair warehouse.
- Gramercy Cellars: This local Walla Walla winery creates light oak and lower alcohol wines, known as perfect pairing wines. Head here to enjoy a flight of five to six pours of these beautiful wines.
- Foundry Vineyards: Wine tastings here are best enjoyed in the sculpture garden surrounded by local artists’ work. Flight selection will vary according to availability and season; be sure to add a few small bites to pair.
- Barons Winery: This local Walla Walla winery is known for its delicious classic Bordeaux-style red and white grape varietals.
- Kontos Cellars: Known for having one of the best patios in downtown Walla Walla, you’ll find a tasting of terrific small lot blends and diverse varietals.
- The Bledsoe Family Winery: This downtown Walla Walla tasting room delights guests with flights featuring Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Rosé, Chardonnay, and more.
Pro tip: It’s best to make reservations ahead of time at these local Walla Walla wineries; we’re happy to help arrange those for you; just ask the eager staff at our Bed and Breakfast in Washington State. And many wineries will waive the tasting fee by purchasing a bottle. You may as well stock up your wine cellar while you’re here!
Luxurious Lodging at our Bed and Breakfast in Washington State
From the moment you arrive at our Bed and Breakfast in Washington State, you’ll have everything you need on-site to experience a relaxing and romantic getaway. From elegant coursed dinners at The Vine Fine Dining with local ingredients and an extensive wine list to our Country Spa at the Mansion for massages and beauty treatments—some guests barely leave the property during their stay. Thankfully, for those who want to head out to explore wine country, our Bed and Breakfast in Washington State is only 30 minutes from downtown Walla Walla and is within a 35-mile radius of more than 100 wineries.
Just imagine waking in the morning at our Bed and Breakfast in Washington State to a beautiful sunrise over the basalt cliffs of the Walla Walla Valley. Slip on your robe and enjoy a freshly brewed cup of coffee and a pastry warm from the oven (known as our signature Wake Up Service available on request). Join us for a complimentary multi-course scratch-made breakfast in the dining room with seasonal entrees, fruit, and morning beverages. Be sure to make dinner reservations (we’re happy to assist you) at The Vine, one of the best restaurants in Walla Walla.
After your delicious morning meal, you’ll be energized to head out and explore or maybe just head down to the pool to soak up the sun. Whether you leave our property or retreat to your well-appointed suite for a quiet day, you’ll find our Bed and Breakfast in Washington State ideal for relaxing and spending some quality one on one time in private. Whatever you choose, we can’t wait to be your hosts. Get your next getaway on the calendar today and book your room!