With abundant farmlands with fresh produce, extremely talented culinary professionals, and award-winning wineries at every turn, it’s no wonder our charming town is home to some genuinely delicious restaurants in Walla Walla. We’re also not surprised that significant publications around Washington State have begun to notice. In a recent feature story in Seattle Metropolitan Magazine, they called the Walla Walla restaurant scene “a full-fledged dining destination” that’s “gained considerable dimension in recent years.”
Many prominent chefs from Seattle have opened outposts in Walla Walla, and it’s a treat for visitors and locals alike. Last year was also an excellent year for wineries developing their food offerings at the tasting rooms, creating full-on dining experiences in the vineyards. You’ll find plenty of places to taste a beautiful flight of Washington wines paired with small appetizers or with a full menu of Northwest delights. We guarantee you’ll leave Walla Walla with a new appreciation for wine and food!
Before you start making reservations around town, you’ll want to secure your lodging, and our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast is one of the best places to stay in Washington wine country. Not only will you adore our internationally-themed guest rooms, but our on-site fine dining establishment is one of the most romantic restaurants in Walla Walla. Book your room today!
One of the Best Restaurants in Walla Walla: The Vine
First, we’d be remiss not to give you more details on our on-site restaurant, The Vine Fine Dining. Bright and cheery in the mornings for coffee and breakfast fare, you’ll love starting your day here. In the evenings, the mood turns romantic as the chefs and servers prepare for the nightly seven-course tasting menu. Our wine list is second to none, with a long, extensive collection of Washington bottles, rare vintages, and international selections.
The menu changes with the seasons, and we aim to buy locally whenever possible. You’ll find classic dishes like shrimp and asparagus risotto, Wagyu tri-tip steak, and decadent desserts. We make our soup from scratch, and you’ll love how much time and care our chefs take to serve you a beautiful plate—almost too pretty to eat! As one of the best restaurants in Walla Walla, you’ll experience knowledgeable and personal service without pretension. Here’s a look at a sample seven-course menu:
- Amuse Bouche of crostini, mascarpone cheese, anti pasto, Boursin
- Tuscan white bean and Swiss chard soup
- Arugula salad with marinated tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, and pine nuts in a sundried tomato vinaigrette
- Your choice: halibut with Sicilian caponata and asparagus, shrimp and asparagus risotto, linguini carbonara, or Snake River Farms Wagyu beef
- Your choice: Créme brûlée, northwest berry crumble, and chocolate pot de creme
- Cameo chocolate delight
We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner at The Vine, so you’ll rarely have leave the property if your main goal in Walla Walla is to relax. Be sure to book your dining reservations at one of the best restaurants in Walla Walla with your innkeepers upon check-in.
Best Restaurants in Walla Walla for 2023
While as a guest at our beautiful property, you’ll have access to one of the best restaurants in Walla Walla—The Vine Fine Dining—but there’s a host of other culinary options to try during your stay. Here are the top restaurants in Walla Walla this year.
- Saffron Mediterranean Kitchen: Inside the historic Bachtold Building on Main Street, find flavorful international delights, like house-made pasta and creative main dishes.
- TMACS: Classic cocktails, new American fare, and top-notch service are the highlights at this local restaurant in Walla Walla.
- Passatempo Taverna: Chef Mike Easton is known across the state for his handmade pasta, and thankfully, that’s what you’ll find in this modern Italian space.
- Kinglet: Seasonal menus, thoughtful preparations, and insightful pairings are on the docket at this cozy downtown Walla Walla spot. Don’t miss the burger!
- Kitchen at Abeja: Dine while surrounded by peaceful vineyards where you’re encouraged to take a breath and savor the slow food movement at this beautiful winery.
- Walla Walla Steak Co.: There’s no better pairing for a big, bold Washington Cabernet than a juicy medium rare steak—which you’ll find in abundance at this local steakhouse by Dan Thiessen, a longtime chef with Seattle roots.
- The Marc Restaurant: One of the most classic restaurants in Walla Walla for an intimate dinner for two, the Marc at Marcus Whitman Hotel still impresses.
- AK’s Mercado: This spot hosts local vendors serving everything from tacos to burgers and boozy creations from the famed barman Jim German for a casual lunch.
- The Vine Fine Dining: As a guest at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be treated to a fantastic breakfast each morning at the Vine, but you’ll want to make sure you join us at least once for our seven-course tasting menu paired with an extensive wine list
While there’s no shortage of restaurants in Walla Walla to choose from before making reservations around town, you’ll want to secure your Washington wine country lodging, and Cameo Heights Mansion—a romantic bed and breakfast—is one of the best places to stay in Walla Walla. The experience here is unparalleled; you’ll feel welcomed and completely pampered during your getaway. And that’s even before your massage appointment at our Country Spa!
Enjoy long leisurely days lounging by the pool and quiet evenings by the fire in your private suite, and come find out why we’re the best place to stay in Walla Walla! We hope you thoroughly enjoy exploring the culinary options in Walla Walla. Pair these memorable meals with lodging at our Bed and Breakfast in Walla Walla, and you’ll be on a getaway of a lifetime. We can’t wait to host you; book your stay today.