The New Year is the best time to start making resolutions, and one of our favorites is to travel more! For those hoping to explore the beautiful state of Washington, there are so many great things to do in Walla Walla. From outdoor adventures and historical attractions to grand wine tastings and elegant dining, we have it all in the Walla Walla Valley. Wine lovers will feel especially at home here, with hundreds of award-winning Walla Walla wineries to visit.
If one of your other resolutions is to spend more quality time with your partner, Walla Walla is the ultimate destination for a couple’s getaway. Better yet, our one-of-a-kind bed and breakfast in Walla Walla is the ideal place to book your lodging. Not only will you have a beautiful and amenity-rich suite to call your home away from home, but you’ll be just a quick drive from all of the best things to do in Walla Walla, WA, this year. Our five-star hospitality and on-site fine dining restaurant are just the icing on the cake!
Head to our availability calendar and get your next romantic getaway at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast on the books today!
The Best Things to do in Walla Walla in 2023
Wine tasting is by far one of the most popular things to do in Walla Walla, after all, we are in the heart of Washington Wine Country, surrounded by vineyards producing award-winning Cabernet and more. We’ll touch more on that below, but first, here’s the list of our favorite things to do in Walla Walla aside from winery tasting and tours.
- Exploring Downtown Walla Walla: The downtown area of Walla Walla is often described as charming and quaint, the main street is tree-lined with local boutiques, tasting rooms, restaurants, and more.
- Hiking in the Blue Mountains: This area is bursting with beautiful Washing State Parks and Nature preserves. A few of the best places for hiking in Walla Walla are the Sacagawea Heritage Trail, McNary Wildlife Refuge (also a birdwatching hotspot!), and Chamna Wildlife Refuge.
- Hitting the Links: Golfing has always been a popular pastime in Walla Walla, Head to Canyon Lakes Golf Course, Veterans Memorial Golf Course, or Wine Valley Golf Course for a lovely day on the links.
- Biking Trails: One of the best things to do in Walla Walla for outdoor enthusiasts is explore the bike trails. You’ll find a variety of bicycle trails, from easy rides through the beautiful vineyards to adventurous excursions in the mountains. Check out the Wine Tour Route map, here!
- Museums and Historical Sites: If you’re a history buff, Walla Walla offers an array of preserved historical areas and museums. Check out Fort Walla Walla & Museum (and an exciting disc golf course), the Whitman Mission National Historic Site, and the quirky Museum of Unnatural History.
- U-Pick Lavender: Head to the Blue Mountain Lavender Farm for a fragrant day strolling the rainbow fields of purple hues.
- Walla Walla Restaurants: After experiencing all these great things to do in Walla Walla, you’ll be ready to eat. Thankfully, our area is known for its abundance of farm-to-table dining establishments. Here’s our most recent blog on the best restaurants in Walla Walla for 2023!
Wine Tasting: One of the Most Popular Things to do in Walla Walla
While hiking, shopping, and dining are some of the best things to do in Walla Walla this year, taking a wine tasting tour at one of the hundreds of Walla Walla wineries is the top priority for most visitors to our area. Here are some of our favorite wineries we always suggest to our guests:
- L’Ecole Winery: The wines from this founding winery in Walla Walla are highly regarded and are perfect for your cellar. The most coveted by collectors are the single-vineyard Bourdeaux blends. They also produce award-winning classic Washington reds and elegant white wines.
- Long Shadows Winery: The Chihuly Tasting Room at Long Shadows Winery is a must-visit during your time exploring the Walla Walla wineries. A group of experienced and highly regarded winemakers runs the vineyards, blending, aging, and bottle process.
- Woodward Canyon: Head here for old-world-style wines from local Walla Walla Vineyards. You’ll find bold Cabernets and Bordeaux blends, as well as lovely crisp whites.
- Waterbrook Winery: With humble beginnings in 1984, Waterbrook Winery has come a long way to become a fixture in the Walla Walla and Columbia Valleys. The award-winning wines, many with 90+ points, are beautiful and drinkable all year long.
- Charles Smith Wines and K Vintners: Known as one of the founders of Washington wine, Charles Smith offers a couple of wine tasting experiences worth your time.
The Best Bed and Breakfast in Walla Walla for a 2023 Romantic Getaway
Our romantic bed and breakfast in Washington State is a destination in it of itself. The extra perk is that there are so many amazing things to do in Walla Walla during your stay, and on-site, you’ll have everything you need for a relaxing and unforgettable getaway. From our magical outdoor pool area and luxurious Country Spa to our collection of fun activities and dining at The Vine Fine Dining, we often have guests who barely leave our property.
Our luxurious guest suites set the tone for the most memorable romantic getaway with impeccably dressed, comfortable beds, pristine en suite bathrooms with high-end fixtures, and welcoming service to put your mind at ease. We can’t wait to host you for your adventures in Washington! Please book your room at our bed and breakfast in Walla Walla today!