If it’s been a while, or you’ve never been wine tasting at the fantastic collection of Walla Walla Wineries, 2023 is your year! The wine industry in the eastern part of Washington State is thriving—known for big, bold red varietals like Cabernet and Syrah; these Walla Walla wineries are consistently bringing home awards and producing 90+ point vintages. In a recent reader’s poll by USA Today, the Walla Walla Valley was voted the number one wine region to visit. And we couldn’t agree more! While Walla Walla doesn’t have the sheer number of wineries compared to Napa Valley, it’s all about quality over quantity here.
Cameo Heights Mansion provides the perfect retreat for wine tourists visiting the nearby Walla Walla wineries. Our luxury bed and breakfast is surrounded by a working vineyard, bursting with grapes come fall. Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, and Syrah make up the nearly 150 acres of The Walla Walla River Vineyard. During your stay with us, you can stroll through the vines, and depending on the season, you might witness pruning, shoot thinning, cluster removal, and harvesting. The grapes grown on-site at the Walla Walla River Vineyard are part of some of the finest wines from NorthStar, Columbia Crest, and Chateau St. Michelle.
Inside our lovely bed and breakfast in Walla Walla, you’ll find our spacious yet intimate guest rooms are the ideal place to make your home base for wine tasting in the valley. You can spend the day exploring the nearby wineries (more than 100 Walla Walla wineries are within a 35-mile radius of the bed and breakfast!) and your afternoons lounging by our outdoor pool or in our spa room for a massage and your evenings in your luxurious guest suite after a delectable farm to table dinner at our on-site fine dining restaurant. It’s all here at Cameo Heights Mansion; reserve your room today!
Best Walla Walla Wineries You Must Visit in 2023
This year should be all about new experiences and adventures—always made better with a little bit (or a lot!) of wine! Whether you’re a wine connoisseur or a novice just starting to explore vintages and varietals, the experts at these Walla Walla wineries are the best guides. You’ll quickly see that we love to talk wine!
Here are the top 10 Walla Walla wineries to check out in 2023:
- Seven Hills Winery: Holding the number one spot on TripAdvisor of Walla Walla wineries, this downtown tasting room is an excellent stop for private, seated wine tastings.
- NorthStar Winery: Known as one of the best vineyards in Walla Walla wine country for an educational experience, be sure to book blending classes for an immersive wine experience.
- L’Ecole No. 41: As a second-generation, family-owned institution, this is one of the most distinguished Walla Walla wineries. Located in a historic schoolhouse, this winery is the third-oldest in Walla Walla. Their wines are consistently recognized on Wine and Spirit’s “Top 100 Wineries.”
- Foundry Vineyards: If you’re a wine and art lover, you can do both at this lovely downtown Walla Walla winery. They host annual free art shows, where you can appreciate modern works from local artists and enjoy flights of their world-class wines.
- Dunham Cellars: Conveniently located near Walla Walla Regional Airport, this is the perfect stop after a long flight for Washington wine tasting! Be sure to try their big, bold blends.
- Spring Valley Vineyards: For a stunning collection of French-influenced wines, this is one of the more iconic Walla Walla wineries to add to your itinerary. Head to their downtown tasting for a beautiful flight.
- Woodward Canyon: Experience Old-World Bordeaux from these brilliant self-taught winemakers. The charming tasting room is located in an elegantly renovated 1870s farmhouse, and don’t miss the Cabernet.
- Long Shadows: At the Walla Walla tasting room, you’ll be surrounded by Chihuly-blown glass art and views of the sweeping vineyards and the Blue Mountains as you taste their perfectly blended wines.
- Pepper Bridge Winery: This is one of the best Walla Walla wineries to taste award-winning wines. You’ll find plenty of picturesque, Instagram-worthy shots surrounding the tasting room.
- Reininger Winery: Owner Chuck Reininger is one of the stalwarts regarding Walla Walla wineries. Head to the Old Highway 12 vineyard for a breathtaking and relaxed atmosphere. Grapes are hand-harvested, and the winery prides itself on creating some of the finest reds in the state.
Luxury Lodging at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast
The most memorable romantic getaway is waiting for you this year when you book one of our luxurious, internationally-themed guest suites. Our bed and breakfast in Walla Walla is a kin to a secluded oasis in the heart of Washington wine country for an unforgettable experience. Regardless of which suite you select, you will be treated to unparalleled service and enjoy a long list of complimentary amenities during your stay at Cameo Heights Mansion. Including a fantastic breakfast each morning of your stay.
For those visiting our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast with pampering in mind, you’ll want to book a massage or beauty treatment at our on-site Country Spa at the Mansion. Our professional and highly-trained therapists will delight your senses, relax your body, and help you destress. It’s the perfect addition to a couple’s getaway, girlfriend’s trip, or solo retreat. Bonus: you don’t have to be a guest to enjoy the spa, it’s open to the public for appointments as well!
All of our seven guest rooms at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast are equipped with handmade soaps and products, best enjoyed in our air-jetted Oceana two-person tubs. You’ll find fluffy towels, plush robes, fine linens, and all the details you’ll need to fully relax and reset! Curl up by a cozy fireplace or hit the outdoor hot tub for an evening under the stars. Start filling your itinerary with the best Walla Walla wineries for wine tasting, and reserve your room at our bed and breakfast today!