Our area is home to more than 120 excellent Walla Walla wineries, producing some of the best wine in the country, if not the world. The Walla Walla AVA is contained within the larger Columbia Valley AVA and has the second-highest concentration of vineyards; the neighboring Yakima Valley holds the first spot. The climate here is spot on for growing beautiful grapes with warm days and cool nights. Additionally, the soil provides ideal drainage for vines.
While Cabernet Sauvignon is the reigning crop, covering 41 percent of all the vineyards, you’ll find a diverse selection of varietals planted at these Walla Walla wineries, including merlot, syrah, and native Italian varieties. Red grapes dominate the growing area, but you’ll find fantastic Chardonnay, viognier, and other white grapes too. No matter your wine preferences, you’ll find some outstanding options at these Walla Walla wineries.
With so many Walla Walla wineries to explore, it’s always best to give yourself more than just one day to squeeze in all the fun. Why not make a more leisurely visit and stay with us at our premier Walla Walla bed and breakfast: Cameo Heights Mansion. Our luxury lodging is within a 35-mile radius of more than 100 distinguished Walla Walla wineries. Our Walla Walla bed and breakfast also has an elegant restaurant for fine dining, an on-site spa, and limo services for making wine tasting easy.
Sip & Swirl at these Walla Walla Wineries
Here’s just a handful of the incredible Walla Walla wineries within about 30-minutes or less from our luxury bed and breakfast:
- Woodward Canyon: Taste these well-known and perfectly balanced wines inside the renovated 1870s farmhouse turned tasting hub. Drink in these old-world-inspired wines and the pastoral view of rolling fields of wheat and vines.
- L’Ecole No. 41: Head to this historic Frenchtown schoolhouse—home to one of the most iconic Walla Walla wineries—for a wine tasting held in a renovated classroom with original woodwork and chalkboards on the wall. The structure has graced the labels of their classic and award-winning wines since 1983.
- Waterbrook Winery: Established in 1984, this beautiful estate has lovely spaces (indoor and out) to taste their big, bold reds and delicate whites. Find a coveted spot by the outdoor fireplace and drink some amazing Washington wine.
- Cougar Crest: Soak in the sweeping view of the vineyards from the impressive windows at this Walla Walla tasting room. They offer an array of estate-grown varietals to taste through and small plate nibbles as well.
- Long Shadows: When you taste at this Walla Walla winery, you’ll be privy to the experience of nine acclaimed winemakers—all using their expertise to create some of the best wines in Washington. The ultra-modern Chihuly Tasting room is an immersive experience for flights and tours of the cellar.
- Reininger: Accredited as one of the first Walla Walla wineries to use fruit exclusively from this AVA, this stalwart producer is open daily for indoor and outdoor seating tastings. Reservations are encouraged.
- Three Rivers Winery: This is one of the Walla Walla wineries that has been handcrafting unique wines from the vineyards of Eastern Washington since 1999. The river rock-clad tasting room offers a cozy fireplace inside and a large patio for flights with expansive views of the Blue Mountains.
- Bartholomew Winery: This tasting room is located in the charming small town of Kennewick and is known for growing lesser-seen varietals in the Walla Walla region. Head here to taste single vineyard Carmenere, Tannat, and Albarino.
- Longship Cellars: You’ll find this family-owned winery and stylish tasting room at the River Walk along the Columbia River in Richland, WA. Enjoy flights, wine by the glass, flatbreads, and sweet and savory baked brie variations on the outdoor patio or a comfy couch inside.
As always, allow our fantastic and knowledgeable staff to assist you by making reservations or touring plans at these Walla Walla wineries!
Cozy up at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast
From the minute you check in to any of our seven luxury guest suites, you’ll be whisked away to another part of the world. Each room is internationally-themed and tastefully designed to represent a particularly romantic destination. While each room is unique in decor and style, every one offers high-end amenities, jetted two-person baths with homemade soaps, fluffy robes and slippers, and a cozy gas fireplace. Every detail is aimed at creating the most relaxing retreat possible.
Join us each morning for a tasty homemade breakfast before lounging at our pristine outdoor pool and hot tub area, booking a spa treatment, or heading out on your tasting adventure to these Walla Walla wineries. We can’t wait to host you. Book your stay today!