Walla Walla wineries are abuzz in the Autumn months. Harvest time brings all hands on deck to pick the ripe, bursting fruit from the vines to begin the wine-making process. Many Walla Walla wineries throw harvest events to ring in the season in true form with wine tastings galore. Let’s say that true wine enthusiasts look forward to this time of year, all year long.
One of the most popular times to visit these Walla Walla wineries is the Fall Release Weekend, from November 5th to the 7th. This is the perfect chance to start restocking the cellar as winemakers begin to release their new vintages. While wine tasting, you’re bound to find exclusive deals at this time as well.
You’ll want to make sure to get your lodging on the books, as we tend to fill up around harvest season. Our Walla Walla bed and breakfast is in the ideal location for experiencing fall harvest to its fullest. We also offer some amazing wine tour packages with transportation, making heading to these events at these Walla Walla wineries as easy as possible. Take all of the guesswork out of it and allow our knowledgeable concierge to plan the route for you.
Check out Harvest at these Walla Walla Wineries
There’s a great route from our Walla Walla bed and breakfast that includes a handful of stops along the way. During the fall harvest, these Walla Walla wineries are sure to be offering new vintages and special tastings, but this is a fun wine tasting route any time of year!
Here are seven Walla Walla wineries near our Bed and Breakfast to visit during harvest:
- Woodward Canyon: Know for producing some of the best Cabernet in all of Washington state, this Walla Walla winery is a must visit at harvest time. The charming tasting room is located in an elegantly renovated 1870s farmhouse.
- Long Shadows: At the Walla Walla tasting room, you’ll be surrounded by Chihuly blown glass art and views of the sweeping vineyards and Blue Mountains.
- Reininger: Since the late 90s, the wine makers at Reininger have been creating balanced and lush wines sourced completely from Walla Walla fruit. The tasting room is set in the quintessential setting, perfect for an immersive wine tasting experience during the harvest.
- Three Rivers Winery: This Walla Walla winery has produced wine in the Columbia Valley AVA since 1999. The large and open tasting room is a lovely spot to stop for a flight. Find a spot on the outdoor patio and take in the spectacular view of the vineyards and the Whitman Mission with the Blue Mountains off in the distance.
- Cougar Crest Estate Winery: As you taste the amazing wine outside at this modern prairie-designed Walla Walla winery, you can watch the seasonal harvest take place. The family-owned winery has been awarded many accolades over the years, and its vintages continue to impress the most discernible palates.
- Waterbrook: This is by far one of the most impressive tasting rooms you’ll encounter while touring these Walla Walla wineries near our Inn. Only about 20 minutes down the road, you’ll find panoramic views overlooking ponds and the Blue Mountains. Grab a spot on the patio, drink Cab, and order some lunch from the farm-to-table menu.
- L’Ecole No 41: Visit this converted Frenchtown schoolhouse for elegant wines, rolling green lawns, and bustling vineyards during harvest. This is one of the Walla Walla wineries that has garnered national attention for their wines. Don’t miss the Bordeaux Blend!
As always, be sure to check out our touring options. Having your own private chauffeur really makes all the difference. Allow us to help plan your trip out to the nearby Walla Walla wineries. We assure you’ll have a fantastic time.
The Perfect Retreat After Wine Tasting in Walla Walla
For a truly luxurious stay in Walla Walla, you’ll want to pick one of our beautifully adorned and equipped guest suites at the Cameo Heights Mansion. Each room has everything you need to fully relax and reset, from double spa tubs, cozy fireplaces, comfortable seating areas, and much, much more. You may not even feel like leaving your suite!
Though we recommend that you do, to join us out by our private pool, dining at The Vine (our very own fine-dining restaurant on-site), or for a massage at the spa. We have everything you need to have a completely relaxing vacation filled with great food and some of the best wine from the surrounding Walla Walla wineries. Check our availability and book today!