You’ll find some lovely shopping in downtown Walla Walla for all sorts of fun finds. From clothing and antiques to wine and beer to high end olive oil, you can spend a full day here perusing the shops and boutiques along the Main Street drag. Of course, an added element to shopping in downtown Walla Walla is also the possibility of stopping off to taste some amazing Walla Walla wine along the way.
Over the years, Walla Walla has become one of the best destinations in Washington for a romantic weekend getaway, group trips with friends or family, and even solo retreats to reset. The downtown area is mix of tasting rooms for local wineries, charming retail shops, and cafes and eateries. The tree-lined main street has classic buildings with brick facade, plenty of parking, and endless possibilities for an afternoon or evening out on the town.
Our Kennewick bed and breakfast is just a quick half hour scenic drive for shopping in downtown Walla Walla. You’ll want to join us for breakfast before you set out. Complimentary breakfast begins at 8:00 with our signature “Wake-Up Service” of hot coffee/beverage and fresh piping-hot danish brought right to your door. Following one hour later in our dining room, either inside or outdoors, is the sumptuous multi-course breakfast at 9:00AM.
Start planning your next visit to Walla Walla wine country and book your stay today!
Shopping Destinations in Downtown Walla Walla
The Main Street area in downtown Walla Walla has the quintessential small town vibe. Family-owned shops with local goods, unique clothing and antiques, wine country souvenirs, and plenty of options for gifts to bring back to loved ones. And that’s not even including all of the amazing wine finds here!
Here are eight destinations for shopping in downtown Walla Walla:
- Downtown Walla Walla Farmer’s Market: Every Saturday through October in downtown Walla Walla you can catch one of the best markets for local goods, produce, and art.
- Bright’s Candies: This old fashioned candy shop has been serving the downtown Walla Walla area and beyond since 1934. You’ll find chocolates and confections made by hand. Be sure to grab a box of chocolates to bring back home with you.
- Walla Walla Clothing Company: Find both women and men’s fashion at this downtown clothing and accessories boutique. They specialize with the Eileen Fisher line and strive to work with other American-made brands for better goods sales and inventory.
- 35th and Butter: There’s an eclectic mix of gifts that this local shop from decorative housewares and candles to handbags and jewelry. It’s a great place to stop off for something special to commemorate your time in Walla Walla.
- D’Olivo Tasting Room: While you’re sure to be wine tasting on any trip to downtown Walla Walla, this premium olive oil shop gives you the opportunity to taste an array of oils and vinegars. Don’t miss the amazing brand of olive oil skincare products.
- Inland Octopus: You’re never too old to check out a locally owned toy store! You can’t miss the mural out front and inside there’s all kinds of fun and interactive selections that might be great finds for the little ones in your life.
- Tra Vigne Walla Walla: For an impressive selection of antiques, furniture, art, and collectables, head to this locally-owned group shop. You never know what hidden treasure you might come across.
- The Thief Fine Wine and Beer: While you’ll have a huge selection of bottles to choose from and buy at the local wineries and tasting rooms, this wine and beer shop is an exciting place to hunt for some rare vintages or international finds. The beer inventory is quite impressive too!
Elegant Lodging Paired with Fine Wine and Dining
If you’re looking for a place to have a romantic getaway near downtown Walla Walla, our Kennewick bed and breakfast is the ultimate retreat for rekindling, nurturing, or blossoming that special relationship. Each of our unique guest suites are themed to represent a beautiful place in the world and offer a comfortable space to relax with one another.
The Spanish Suite is particularly romantic with its double doors open to the pool area, a two-person jetted tub, and a 3-way view gas fireplace. It’s also in the little special details like the heated tile floor and luxurious Toto electric bidet that you won’t find just anywhere. As our most recently remodeled suite, we focused on making sure everything is pristine and perfect for a getaway for two. Join us at our Kennewick bed and breakfast for one of the best vacations of a lifetime.