One of the best things to do in Walla Walla all year long is wine tasting, and the downtown tasting rooms are the perfect place to spend an afternoon. Seven Hills Winery is a local favorite and one of the founding wineries in Walla Walla. Their downtown tasting room is ideal for a cozy winter’s day. It’s a great place to kick off your wine crawl, starting with merlot and Bordeaux-style red blends.
A unique aspect of tasting at Seven Hills Winery is the fact that it features downtown Walla Walla’s only historic wine-making facility. Guests can partake in an array of tasting options, from casual flights to sit-down winemaker cellar tours paired with lunch. Casey McClellan, founder of Seven Hills Winery, is a fourth-generation farmer in Eastern Washington with a keen sense for winemaking. They practice sustainable agriculture and have created a beautiful portfolio of Washington-grown varieties.
Before you start booking your wine tastings downtown at Seven Hills Winery and others, choose our bed and breakfast near Walla Walla as your soft place to land. We’re not your average, cookie-cutter hotel; in fact, a stay at Cameo Heights Mansion becomes a magical and memorable part of your getaway in Washington State. If you’re looking for romance, you’ll find it here in our seven beautifully appointed guest rooms, all equipped with luxurious amenities and fine furnishings. Any of these spaces will be a welcome reprieve after a fun adventure in the Walla Walla Vally. Book your room today!
Wine Tasting at Seven Hills Winery & More Downtown Walla Walla Wineries
The downtown Walla Walla area is eclectic and charming! Seven Hills Winery is just one of the many tasting rooms for a lovely time walking from stop to stop. You’ll pass local boutiques, historical buildings, cafes, and restaurants along the way as well. As a guest at our Bed and Breakfast near Walla Walla, feel free to ask our innkeepers and staff for personalized recommendations.
Here are our top eight Walla Walla tasting rooms downtown to check out:
- Seven Hills Winery: This converted 1904 woodworking mill turned winery is the perfect space to relax and taste some delicious wine. Seven Hills Winery is one of the first five wineries in Walla Walla, and it shows in the craft and care taken into growing these beautiful grapes.
- Mansion Creek Cellars: For memorable Spanish wines grown in the terroir of Washington State, this Walla Walla winery is a great stop just one block from Seven Hills Winery in this historic Marcus Whitman Hotel.
- Spring Valley Vineyard: Just across the street from the historic Marcus Whitman Hotel, you’ll find the Spring Valley tasting room. This family-owned establishment is much beloved by locals and visitors alike. Their feature flight showcases the finest 100% estate-grown wines from their family vineyards. If it’s time for a snack, you can upgrade your flight to include rotating food pairings.
- Browne Family Vineyards: Family-owned and world-class, this downtown tasting room is known for its high-end Bordeaux reds, full-bodied whites, and classic aromatic wines.
- Goose Ridge Estate Winery: Head here for wine and cider tastings inside or outside at their downtown Walla Walla tasting room. Go for the big, bold reds and crisp, dry whites.
- Kontos Cellars: The Kontos Family, who are second-generation winemakers and third-generation farmers, embody the essence of the Walla Walla Valley. They welcome you to their tasting room, where you can experience the warmth of this space indoors, outdoors, or in the fun loft space with swings made from wine barrels.
- DAMA Wines: This is one of the favorite women-owned wineries in Walla Walla and the tasting room is a vibrant space to spend an afternoon. Make a reservation for an hour-long tasting indoors or on the patio.
- Time & Direction Wines: For those looking for an off-the-beaten-path stop in Downtown Walla Walla, Steve Wells brings wine, music, and nostalgia together in a relaxing, laid-back space.
Luxuriousl Lodging at our Bed and Breakfast near Walla Walla
After a lovely tasting at Seven Hills Winery or any of the fantastic downtown tasting rooms, you’ll love returning to our bed and breakfast near Walla Walla. Be sure to make a reservation for dinner in advance at our on-site fine dining restaurant, The Vine, for a seven-course prix fixe tasting menu full of seasonal ingredients and creative preparations.
Each of our seven guest rooms is elegantly designed to be a luxurious space to relax and unwind. Our private suites are equipped with air-jetted whirlpool tubs that are spacious enough for two people to enjoy. The gentle warming glow of gas fireplaces and dimmable lights can be adjusted to set the perfect mood. We provide luxurious robes and slippers for you to wrap yourself in, and our beds are designed to offer the utmost comfort. Don’t forget to make a reservation at our on-site Spa at the Mansion.
Additionally, we take pride in offering more than just a beautiful place to stay! At our bed and breakfast near Walla Walla, the welcoming hospitality and long list of amenities offer a “wow” factor, and you’ll quickly see why we’re ranked as one of the top ten percent of hotels worldwide on TripAdvisor—check out our more than 600 five-star reviews from our previous guests! We can’t wait to host you; book your room today!