We’ve been enjoying a particularly warm autumn here in the Tri-Cities & Walla Walla, but even so, we’re looking forward to the holiday season. If you’re thinking about heading to the area, know there are plenty of fun things to do in the Tri-Cities area this winter. But more importantly, year-round, so it doesn’t matter what time of year you visit—you’ll find plenty to keep you entertained. There’s a host of things to do in the Tri-Cities all year long, including visiting local wineries, tasting rooms, and restaurants and getting out and experiencing this beautiful part of Washington State.
As you plan your next getaway, you’ll want to consider making our luxury Bed and Breakfast, located just outside the Tri-Cities, your home base. When it comes time to relax, unwind, and nurture body, mind, and soul, there’s nowhere better than the stunning Cameo Heights Mansion. We offer guests seven luxuriously appointed guest rooms, an extensive range of amenities to enjoy, exceptional hospitality, and one of the most exquisite restaurants in the entire Tri-Cities area—the Vine Fine Dining. Here, you’ll find anything but a standard hotel experience.
Book your room at our incredible Bed and Breakfast near the Tri-Cities today!
Enjoy These Fun Things to do in the Tri-Cities
The Tri-Cities is home to the cities of Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland. All are relatively close together and near the convergence of the Snake, Yakima, and Columbia rivers. With all this water at your disposal, the Tri-Cities area is an incredible playground during the warm spring and summer months. In the autumn, the fall colors pop; wintertime calls for cozy evenings, best spent by the fire with a glass of Washington Cabernet.
Here are just a few of our favorite things to do in the Tri-Cities during a visit:
- Go wine tasting in the famed Red Mountain region of Washington wine country! Red Mountain is the smallest wine-growing region in the state, but it’s known to produce some of the state’s most prestigious wines. Beyond Red Mountain, there are 200+ wineries within an hour’s drive of the Tri-Cities, which means it’s a great home base from which to launch your Washington wine country adventures.
- It goes without saying that wine tastings are one of our favorite things to do in the Tri-Cities. But, if wine isn’t your adult beverage of choice or you would appreciate some diversity on your tasting menu, consider visiting the many microbreweries or distilleries in the Tri-Cities.
- Spring is a great time to head to the McNary National Wildlife Refuge, where more than 200 species of birds come through the area each year.
- Golf is one of the most popular sports in the Tri-Cities, and there are many excellent golf courses in the area. In fact, there are ten beautiful courses nearby, suitable for players of all abilities and generally golf-able throughout the entire year.
- Visit the Hanford Reach National Monument, a magical place for hiking, wildlife viewing, and photo ops. Spring is the most popular season here, and one of the best things to do in the Tri-Cities is wander in the wildflower fields.
- Take a walk or bike along the beautiful 23-mile Sacagawea Heritage Trail along the banks of the Columbia River. Getting outside is a great way to experience the Tri-Cities, and there are several great hiking and biking trails in the area in addition to this fantastic trail on the water.
- Explore the distinct character and charms of each of the towns in the Tri-Cities area. In downtown Pasco, you’ll find rich Hispanic culture, while in Historic Downtown Kennewick, visitors will enjoy plenty of local arts and a beautifully revitalized waterfront filled with shopping and restaurants. Meanwhile, the Uptown Shopping Center in Richland is great for finding antique and specialty shops.
- Make sure to visit Clover Island, a newly developed urban waterfront destination in Kennewick, home to the famed Clover Island Lighthouse.
- Go horseback riding in the countryside surrounding the Tri-Cities. You can add wine tasting to your horseback adventure with Red Mountain Trails!
- For a truly unique adventure, head to The Manhattan Project National Historical Park in Richland, where you’ll learn about the people, events, science, and engineering that led to the creation of the atomic bomb.
The Best Tri-Cities Hotel For Your Getaway
There are so many beautiful things to do in the Tri-Cities, and after your next trip here, you’ll leave with an entirely new appreciation for this area that extends far beyond the wonderful wines produced here. At the heart of any great getaway are even better accommodations, and for that, you’ll want to turn to the luxury guest rooms at Cameo Heights Bed and Breakfast. With the perfect balance of luxury and warm hospitality, our 5-star Tri-Cities hotel will certainly not disappoint.
Our location, midway between the Tri-Cities and Walla Walla, puts you right in the heart of Washington Wine Country, giving you an unparalleled opportunity to enjoy all of these fun things to do in the Tri-Cities and more. We also offer several packages to help you make the most of your time with us.
Discover your favorite things to do in the Tri-Cities and book your room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast today!