Walla Walla wineries are bustling in the fall as harvest time nears! The vineyards are abuzz with winemakers and workers picking the bursting fruit from the vines. This is the time of year to check out the events at Walla Walla wineries, where they ring in the season with wine tastings, new vintage release parties, and exciting activities. It’s also a beautiful time of year to spend time in the Walla Walla Valley—crisp, sunny days lead to cozy autumn nights.
Fall Release Weekend is one of the most popular times to visit Walla Walla, and this year it falls on the weekend of November 4th to the 6th. Many folks head in with plans to restock their cellar with new vintage releases hitting the sales counter. And out on a wine tasting excursion at these Walla Walla wineries, you’ll indeed find exclusive deals at harvest time.
Cameo Heights Mansion—the premier Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast—is often full around harvest season, so it’s best to start planning. We’re in the ideal location for experiencing fall harvest to its fullest. We also offer some fantastic wine tour packages with transportation, which makes hitting these events at the nearby Walla Walla wineries as easy as possible. Our knowledgeable concierge and tour guide will plan the route for you.
Harvest Events at nearby Walla Walla Wineries
A great route from our Walla Walla bed and breakfast includes several stops along the way. These Walla Walla wineries will showcase new vintages and unique tastings during the fall harvest, but these stops are worth a visit any time of year.
Here are seven of our favorite Walla Walla wineries to visit near our Bed and Breakfast:
- Woodward Canyon: Head to the charming tasting room in an elegantly renovated 1870s farmhouse and taste through some of the best Cabernet Sauvignon in the state; this Walla Walla winery is a must-visit at harvest time.
- Long Shadows: Sit in the Chihuly-blown glass-adorned tasting room, and take in the sweeping views of the vineyards and the Blue Mountains, all while sipping some very bold reds.
- Reininger: Come for the balanced and lush wines entirely sourced from Walla Walla fruit. The tasting room is a picturesque setting, perfect for a romantic wine tasting experience during the autumn months.
- Three Rivers Winery: This Walla Walla winery began growing vines in the Columbia Valley AVA in 1999. The airy and open tasting room is a lovely spot to stop for a flight. Or head to the outdoor patio and take in the spectacular view of the vineyards and the Whitman Mission with the Blue Mountains off in the distance.
- Cougar Crest Estate Winery: Enjoy a wine tasting at this modern prairie-designed Walla Walla winery, and watch the harvest take place in the vines. As an awarded-winning winery, the vintages here continue to impress even the pickiest wine drinkers.
- Waterbrook: Only about 20 minutes down the road, you’ll find one of the most impressive tasting rooms in Walla Walla. Take in the panoramic views overlooking ponds and the Blue Mountains. Grab a spot on the patio for a farm-to-table lunch, and order a bottle of Cabernet.
- L’Ecole No 41: As one of the most successful and recognized Walla Walla wineries in the area, visit this converted Frenchtown schoolhouse for elegant wines, rolling green lawns, and bustling vineyards during harvest.
The absolute best way to explore these Walla Walla wineries during the harvest seasons is on a wine tour. Check out our options through our bed and breakfast. Having door-to-door service makes all the difference. We’re always happy to help plan your trip to the nearby Walla Walla wineries.
Luxurious Lodging at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast
Cameo Heights Mansion is home to seven impeccable guest suites, equipped with only the finest amenities, spa-like en suite baths, and beautiful outdoor spaces. Wake refreshed in the morning and join us in The Vine (our on-site fine-dining restaurant) for a bountiful breakfast spread; the best way to fuel up before your adventures wine tasting at the nearby Walla Walla wineries.
We’ll be awaiting your return in the evening, where you’ll retreat to your suite, slip into a fluffy robe, and relax to your heart’s content. Head over to our availability calendar and book your next wine getaway today!