Before it became a premier wine-growing destination, Walla Walla was renowned as an agricultural powerhouse in the state. Farming is still central to this region, and there’s nowhere it’s more evident than at the Walla Walla Farmers Market. We love buying local and supporting our local farmers, and there are some wonderful markets worth visiting in the area, both in Walla Walla and in the Tri-Cities.
Luckily, Cameo Heights is situated midway between both Walla Walla and the Tri-Cities, which makes it your perfect home base from which to explore this incredibly rich and diverse area of Washington State. With luxuriously appointed guest rooms, amenities that continue to “wow” our guests, and one of the top Walla Walla restaurants right here on sight, our Walla Walla hotel is the perfect choice for lodging in the area. There aren’t many rooms left for the summer and even fall months, though, so act fast. Book your room at the stunning Cameo Heights Mansion today!
Shop Local at the Walla Walla Farmers Market
The Walla Walla Farmers Market opened again for the season on May 1st, 2021. It will be open every Saturday through October, from 9 am – 1 pm. This incredible market has long been a place for the Walla Walla community to gather, providing the town with wholesome, locally-grown food, fun activities, and welcoming gathering space. The Walla Walla Farmers Market is held at Crawford Park.
What’s more, the Walla Walla Farmers Market is expected to be double the size this year, which is incredible news for the vendors in the area, as 2020 was a challenging year for them, too! Vendors at the Walla Walla Farmers Market will include the following: 15 farmers, 8 food processors, 9 artisans, and many more food trucks, nonprofits, and community groups. For the 2021 season, you will be asked to continue wearing masks and practicing social distancing at the market.
More Great Farmers Markets in the Tri-Cities
Tri-Cities, a community that is also deeply rooted in agriculture, is home to its own wonderful variety of farmers markets! Each of the three cities has its own, of course, with additional ones being located throughout the area. All of them are unique and include a wonderful variety of vendors, just like the Walla Walla Farmers Market. Here’s a list of the additional Farmers Markets in the Tri-Cities area:
- 3 Eyed Fish Farmers’ Market in Richland is an open-air market on Sundays that features fresh produce, gourmet food, and handcrafted items made by local artisans. Nearby, find the 3 Eyed Fish Wine Bar that offers tasty food and drinks at happy hour prices all day on Sundays during the market season.
- Historic Downtown Kennewick Farmers Market, which is open on Thursday evenings, is located at the Flag Plaza in downtown Kennewick. Among the delightfully fresh produce, you’ll find food trucks, cheese, wine, fish, gifts, art galleries, coffee shops, candy, eggs, storytellers, fresh bread, live demonstrations, music, performance art, and so much more.
- The Richland Farmers Market is the newest of the farmers markets to come to the Tri-Cities, and features a healthy mix of farmers and artisans. The market is open on Fridays in Richland. It will open for the season on June 4.
- The Pasco Farmers Market is the largest open-air, fresh produce farmers’ market in Washington State. Like the Walla Walla Farmers Market, it is open on Saturdays May – October, and it’s also open on Wednesdays. It is located in historic downtown Pasco.
- Head to the Prosser Farmers’ Market on any given Saturday, and enjoy a range of vendors, including those providing plants, cut flowers, artisan breads, gourmet cheeses, espresso, cookies & pastries, woven baskets, and unique arts and crafts.
Seasonal Fine Dining at The Vine Restaurant
The Vine Restaurant, located at Cameo Heights Mansion, is one of the top restaurants in Walla Walla. Here, we focus on seasonal produce from local vendors, like those found at the Walla Walla Farmers Market. Accordingly, our menus change with the season. No matter what is on the menu, though, you can expect fantastic service with delicious, artfully prepared food, all of which combine to create the best dining experience in the Walla Walla and Tri-Cities areas.
At the Vine Restaurant, we specialize in a seven-course, prix-fixe style menu. It’s available Monday – Saturday throughout the months of May – October (after which it’s open Tuesday – Saturday). Though the Vine Restaurant is located at the Cameo Heights Mansion, dining is not limited to mansion guests. We’re open to the public for breakfast and dinner and would love to show you just how delicious our locally-grown ingredients can be. Make your reservations at our Walla Walla restaurant today!