If it’s not already, our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast should be on your shortlist for great getaway destinations this summer and fall. Walla Walla is the perfect place for wine lovers, food lovers, adventure lovers, and all varieties of travelers. The nearby Tri-Cities also offers plenty of wonderful things to do, including playing on the mighty Columbia River. Our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast also happens to be a great place to relax and enjoy the warm summer sun of eastern Washington, known to be warmer and dryer than the western part of the state.
Cameo Heights Mansion is located approximately midway between Walla Walla and the Tri-Cities and offers an incomparably luxurious escape right in the heart of Washington Wine Country. Co-located onsite is The Vine Restaurant, which has the reputation of being one of the top-rated fine dining restaurants in the Walla Walla and Tri-Cities area. We take pride in the fact that we’ve thought of everything – and this summer is your perfect opportunity to see it for yourself. Book a room at our luxury Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast today!
Have Some Fun in Walla Walla
While you’re visiting our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast, we hope you’ll take the time to explore this extraordinary area. We’re located about 3.5 hours from Seattle and Portland, which makes us an easy weekend escape in the Pacific Northwest. Though it’s a great destination to visit at any time of year, the excitement that summer brings to the valley is undeniable. There are so many great things to do in Walla Walla – you’ll really never have the opportunity to be bored.
We talk a lot about wine in the Walla Walla area, as it’s one of the top wine tasting destinations in the country. The wine here is truly sensational, and you’ll find a broad variety to enjoy. But a visit to our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast is about so much more than wine tasting. We’ve put together a list of 10 of our favorite things to do in Walla Walla for this summer. But don’t worry – there’s so much more than is listed here. We’d be happy to give you even more personalized recommendations!
- Starting off with the obvious, this summer is the perfect time to enjoy a bit of wine tasting while you’re staying with us at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast. There are more than 100 wineries within a 35-mile radius of us. Read up about some of our favorite wineries in the area, and if you want more ideas, we’d be happy to offer them!
- Wine and dine your way through Washington wine country. As we’ve already mentioned, one of the top-rated Walla Walla Restaurants is located right here at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast. The Vine Restaurant offers exquisite dining for guests of the Inn and the general public. Make your reservations in advance of your stay, to ensure you get to dine when you want. We’ve also listed a few of our favorite Walla Walla Restaurants here.
- There are tastings aplenty near our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast, and we aren’t just talking wine! Walla Walla is also home to a number of craft breweries and distilleries, including Dragon’s Gate Brewery, Water Buffalo Brewery, Burwood Brewery, Crossbuck Brewing, and Quirk Brewing.
- Learn more about Walla Walla’s rich history at the Whitman Mission National Historic Site or the Fort Walla Walla Museum.
- Take a hike! There are a lot of great places to hike in the area, including some trails that can be accessed directly from our Inn. In the Tri-Cities area, one of our favorite places to take a hike is the Badger Mountain Trails.
- Walla Walla boasts one of the top-rated golf courses in the northwest, the Walla Walla Country Club. We also happen to have a driving range right here on our property – it’s one of the many amenities available to the guests of our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast!
- Hot air ballooning over Washington’s wine country is a coveted activity, and one of the most beautiful ways to see the area, especially on a blue-sky summer day! If you can’t make it this summer, make sure to join us in October for the Walla Walla Balloon Stampede.
- Enjoy some shopping in downtown Walla Walla, which is home to some wonderfully eclectic shops.
- Visit Palouse Falls State Park, home to the incredibly beautiful 200-foot tall Palouse Falls. The park’s unique geology is fascinating and well worth an afternoon.
- Enjoy a bit of paddling on Bennington Lake, the Columbia River, or the Walla Walla River this summer!
5-Star Luxury at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast
Though all of these things are wonderful ways to spend your time in Walla Walla, there’s one thing that tops any list – and that is staying in 5-star luxury at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast. Cameo Heights Mansion offers guests 6 stunning suites, an incredible range of amenities, beautiful grounds to enjoy, a seasonally heated pool, and so much more. Our guests often tell us we’ve thought of everything, which of course, is our goal!
Each morning of your stay at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast starts with our signature wake-up service breakfast tray, delivered to your room with a hot pastry and some fresh coffee, tea, or juice. After that, a full breakfast will be waiting for you in The Vine Restaurant, complimentary with your stay. Feel to lounge by the pool and soak up the glorious sunshine with us for the day, or take advantage of one of our wonderful vacation packages that help you explore our favorite parts of the Walla Walla Valley.
Whatever it is you do while here, we know you’ll enjoy every second of your time spent at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast. Rooms are booking up quickly, though. Book your room today before it’s too late!