Visiting Walla Walla wineries is one of our favorite things to do in the area, especially in these beautiful fall months. Though Walla Walla wineries may be slightly lesser-known that our neighbors to the south in Oregon’s Willamette Valley and California’s Napa Valleys, Walla Walla has earned itself a place of recognition from wine enthusiasts around the world. In fact, Washington has a well-earned reputation for producing some of the most exceptional wines in the world.
Most of Washington’s grapes are grown in the eastern part of the state, across the Cascade Mountains, and a far cry away from the rainy, foggier days enjoyed in the Puget Sound Region near Seattle. Washington Wine Country is expansive, and home to a variety of wine-growing regions, including the Walla Walla Valley. Washington’s wine country is diverse and beautiful and makes for a remarkable getaway in the beautiful months of fall.
Much like many of our favorite Walla Walla Wineries, Cameo Heights Mansion is a destination unto itself. There’s nothing that quite compares to the luxury you’ll experience at our stunning hotel. Unparalleled luxury, gorgeous views, exceptional service, and award-winning dining are all just part of the experience at our Walla Walla hotel. This fall, give yourself the beautiful change of scenery you deserve, and book your room at our 5-star hotel today!
10 of the Best Walla Walla Wineries
There are three main wine growing regions in eastern Washington; Yakima, Tri-Cities, and the Walla Walla Valley. As with other major wine-growing regions, these are, of course, broken down into smaller AVA’s based on micro-climates and individual growing conditions. Our hotel is located right in the heart of wine country, near to several of the top Walla Walla Wineries and not too far from the Tri-Cities wineries as well, which means you can explore two exceptional wine-growing regions while staying with us.
Most of the wine grown for Walla Walla wineries are of the Vinifera variety, which happens to be well-suited to the area’s climate and geographical characteristics. Walla Walla wineries are best known for their red blends and Cabernet Sauvignon, though other commonly produced wines include Rieslings, Chardonnay, Merlot, and Syrah.
Though you’re more than welcome to take a self-guided tour of our favorite Walla Walla Wineries, we’d also love to take the stress and planning involved in that off your shoulders. At Cameo Heights Mansion, we do everything in our power to make your stay with us as seamless and enjoyable as possible, which is why we are happy to offer private wine tours, each customized to your tastes and goals, in the privacy and comfort of our luxury Limo.
There is an incredible number of Walla Walla wineries to visit – in fact, there are more than 120 within a few miles of our hotel! As with everything, we do have our favorites, and we’d love to share them with you. Here are what we consider to be 10 of the best Walla Walla wineries near our hotel:
- Dunham Cellars – Here, you’ll enjoy the taste of hand-picked grapes that have been carefully fermented and blended to perfection.
- L’Ecole No. 41 is one of the most distinguished Walla Walla wineries. It’s the third-oldest winery in the area and is consistently recognized as one of the top 100 wineries by Wine and Spirit.
- Tero Estates specializes in creating the finest, hand-harvested wines, and produce a product that clearly demonstrates their exceptional passion for winemaking.
- Enjoy the taste of fully sustainable wines at Amavi Cellars. Their wines are well-regarded and do an exceptional job of showcasing the unique flavors of the grapes grown here.
- Seven Hills Winery, another one of the founding estates of the Walla Walla Valley. They offer a variety of wine tasting experiences, including at their historic working winemaking facility in downtown Walla Walla.
- Foundry Vineyards is a destination for both art and wine lovers. Not only can you sip and enjoy a delicious bottle of wine, but you’ll also be able to enjoy rare and magnificent art exhibits.
- Tranche Estate not only produces exceptional wines, but the views from their estate in the fall are simply glorious.
- The Walls Vineyard produces a delicious range of imaginative wines, each of which expresses the terroir they are grown in beautifully.
- Enjoy delicious wines and a range of wine-related activities at the stunning Valdemar Estates. Their family has been in the winemaking industry for well over 100 years, and it shows in their sensational wines.
- North Star Winery, which has easily been ranked as one of the best in eastern Washington, has been leading the way in Washington’s wine country since the early 1990s. They are well-known for their full-bodied Merlots and Cabernets, and they even offer a fun and exciting blending class if you’re looking for a hands-on experience.
Though visiting wineries and vineyards is a special part of the experience here in Walla Walla, there are also plenty of delicious wineries and tasting rooms in downtown Walla walla, which can make for a delightful afternoon. Between sipping wine and getting to know the quaint streets of downtown Walla Walla, it’s a great way to experience the very best of Washington wine country, especially if you’re short on time.
A Taste of Luxury at Our 5-Star Hotel
There’s something special in the air of Washington’s wine country each fall. It’s truly a feast for the senses. Delicious wine is freely flowing during this season of harvest, but so too are the agricultural bounties otherwise grown and produced in this area. Add to these delicious tastes the sights and sounds of fall – including incredibly vibrant fall foliage – and you have the recipe for a wonderfully romantic getaway.
The opportunity to stay at Cameo Heights Mansion is a rare treat indeed. We pride ourselves on offering much more of a destination getaway to our guests, complete with luxurious guest rooms, exceptional amenities, and world-class dining that is truly one of the best restaurants in the Walla Walla and Tri-Cities areas. You’ll want for nothing during your time at our hotel, and you’ll leave ready to plan your next getaway back to our secluded life of luxury.
Moreover, our small boutique size and stunning, secluded location ensure you have a safe place to get away and practice social distancing to your heart’s content. When we say there is nothing quite like a stay at our luxurious hotel, we mean it! Book your room at our Walla Walla hotel today!