2020 sure has brought many changes to Walla Walla over the past few months, not least of which is the cancellation of one of our favorite events of the year; the Walla Walla Balloon Stampede. It’s one of the most iconic events of the year, bringing hundreds of vibrant hot air balloons to the area. Even though this event is canceled, you can still enjoy hot air ballooning over Walla Walla this fall. It’s actually a great way to enjoy the fall splendor of this incredible region.
Hot air ballooning over vineyards and farms below is just one of our many favorite parts about fall in Walla Walla. The rest of your time spent here can be best enjoyed by visiting the best Walla Walla wineries, hiking in the stunning Blue Mountains, visiting top attractions like Palouse Falls State Park, and otherwise shopping and enjoying the quaint streets of downtown Walla Walla.
At the heart of your fall getaway, though, is the welcoming hospitality of Cameo Heights Mansion. We’re one of the premier hotels in the Walla Walla area, offering our guests an experience that is second to none. With 7 luxurious guest rooms to choose from, amenities that never seem to end, and exceptional dining at The Vine Restaurant on-site, you’ll want for nothing during your time with us. Staying at our Walla Walla Hotel is truly one of the best parts about visiting eastern Washington. To see it firsthand this fall, book your room at our extraordinary Walla Walla hotel today!
Hot Air Ballooning in Walla Walla
Hot air ballooning is one of the best ways to get views of this uniquely beautiful area from the air. Blue Mountain Balloons has been guiding couples through the air for more than 40 years. Most hot air ballooning is a group activity, but you do have the option to take a private trip just for the two of you, too. Most of their hot air ballooning flights take off just before sunrise, as that is typically the calmest part of the day. They also offer sunset flights if you’re interested in something a bit later in the day.
As you soar through the skies, enjoy the views of vineyards, wheat fields, and the historic town of Walla Walla below. With your 360-degree view from the balloon, you’ll marvel in awe of the rugged Blue Mountains, along with the mighty Columbia River and the Oregon border to the south.
More to do in Walla Walla
If you take the early morning flight, then you have a whole day ahead of you to explore and enjoy more of the best of the Walla Walla Valley. If you’re short on ideas, we’re here to help! Here are some of our favorite things to do in Walla Walla during these stunning fall months.
- Let’s go wine tasting! There are more than 100 wineries within a 35-mile radius of us, so it’s entirely possible to spend days sipping and swirling your way through Walla Walla for multiple days. Here’s a recent blog listing 10 of our current favorite Walla Walla Wineries.
- Enjoy local breweries and distilleries, like Dragon’s Gate Brewery, Water Buffalo Brewery, Burwood Brewery, Crossbuck Brewing, and Quirk Brewing.
- Walla Walla boasts one of the top-rated golf courses in the northwest, the Walla Walla Country Club. If you’re a bit rusty, we recommend warming up on our golf ball driving range.
- Explore a little bit of the region’s pioneer history at the Whitman Mission National Historic Site, or perhaps dig into more history at the Fort Walla Walla Museum.
- Take a hike in the picturesque Blue Mountains of Washington. This is where you’ll enjoy some of the best fall colors in the area.
- Savor a delicious meal at The Vine Restaurant, which is located right here onsite at the Cameo Heights Mansion. It’s easily one of the best (if not THE best) restaurant in Walla Walla!
- Browse the shops of historic downtown Walla wallaEnjoy some shopping in downtown Walla Walla.
- Visit Palouse Falls State Park, home to the incredibly beautiful 200-foot tall Palouse Falls.
Stay at Cameo Heights Mansion
After spending the day floating above the Walla Walla Valley, retreat back to the luxurious accommodations at Cameo Heights Mansion. Our stunning rooms are the perfect place to relax and unwind. We’re a small, boutique property with just 7 suites, which means you’ll have plenty of space to savor those intimate moments you crave while practicing social distancing. We also offer an incredible range of amenities at our property, all free of charge for our guests. This includes things like our pool and hot tub, a fire pit, a driving range, a game room, an expansive property to explore, and, of course, our world-class restaurant, The Vine.
We also offer a range of packages designed to bring your dream vacation to fruition. From wine tours to romantic retreats and spa escapes, the possibilities for enhancing your romantic getaways in Washington State are plentiful. Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime, and book your room at our 5-star hotel in Walla Walla today!