As the crisp, cool nights of fall replace the warm and relaxing evenings of summer, it’s time to turn inwards, get cozy, and focus on a little romance. Add delicious food and wine into the mix, and you have the recipe for a perfect getaway. There’s plenty of things to do in Walla Walla this fall, too, including visiting local wineries, tasting rooms, and restaurants, and getting out and experiencing this beautiful part of Washington State under the dramatic colors of fall.
Though there are so many things to do in Walla Walla this fall, we also recognize that you’ll want some time. When it comes time for that, consider spending some time at our Walla Walla hotel, which is located in the countryside between Walla Walla and the Tri-Cities. We offer guests 7 luxuriously appointed guest rooms, an extensive range of amenities to enjoy, exceptional hospitality, and one of the most exquisite restaurants in the entire Walla Walla Valley.
Staying at the Cameo Heights Mansion is so much more than a typical hotel stay. Rather, it’s an opportunity to be well taken care of while enjoying one of the best wine regions in the world, all while you enjoy a healthy mix of things to do in Walla Walla this fall. Book your room at our incredible Walla Walla Hotel today!
Enjoy These Fun Things to do in Walla Walla This Fall
Walla Walla, located in the southeastern portion of Washington State, is a fantastic destination to enjoy throughout the year. Even so, fall has a particular magic to it, and really is one of our favorite seasons here in the valley. There are a lot of great things to do in Walla Walla this fall, too, both indoors and out.
We talk a lot about wine in the Walla Walla area, and for good reason – it was recently voted as the #1 wine region in the country! The wine here is varied and delicious, and fall is a great time to enjoy visiting our local wineries. It’s a season filled with the sights, sounds, and smells of the annual harvest, which permeates the air and brings us plenty of enjoyment.
But fall in Walla Walla is about so much more than just good wine. It’s also a great time of year to get outside and enjoy our beautiful natural surroundings, and to relax and enjoy the area with fewer crowds than you’ll contend with during the summer. The list below is from complete, but it’s at least a good place to start! Here are 8 of our favorite things to do in Walla Walla this fall.
- Among all of the things to do in Walla Walla this fall, there’s one thing at the top of our list, attending the Walla Walla Valley WineAlliance’s Fall Release Weekend is at the top of the list. This year, the Fall Release Weekend will take place from November 6 – 8, 2020. This incredible weekend gives wine lovers the opportunity to be among the first to sip and swirl their way through newly released wines, many of which can only be found by visiting the wineries and tasting rooms themselves.
- We spend a lot of time talking about Walla Walla wineries. Though they are certainly worth visiting during fall, wine grapes aren’t the only harvest we celebrate in Walla Walla! The apple orchards in Walla Walla reach their peak in the fall, too, which leads us to another fall favorite event; apple picking!
- You don’t have to visit the farms to celebrate the bounty of the season. The Walla Walla Farmers Market is a delightful place to spend a delightful fall day. The market takes place in downtown Walla Walla every Saturday from 9 am – 1 pm.
- The Walla Walla Valley is absolutely beautiful in the fall, so we recommend you get outside and enjoy some of the views in the area, too. Consider taking a bike ride on the 130-mile-long Columbia Plateau Trail State Park, visiting Palouse Falls State Park, or taking a hike on our property or in the nearby Blue Mountains.
- We’ve already mentioned that wine isn’t the only thing grown and produced here, but it’s also not the only beverage worth tasting while here! You may be wondering, what about breweries, cideries, and distilleries? Walla Walla has those, too! The craft brew scene is thriving and certainly worth a taste or two along the way.
- This may come as a surprise, given that Walla Walla isn’t a large metropolis, but the city is also home to a number of very acclaimed museums as well. A couple of our favorites include the Fort Walla Walla Museum, the Whitman Mission National Historic Site, and the Kirkman House.
- Walk the streets of downtown Walla Walla, which are quaint and quiet during the fall. Spend your time browsing the great shops here, stopping to grab a glass of wine or bite to eat at great local tasting rooms and restaurants, and just soaking up the welcoming atmosphere of the restored 19th-century brick buildings and walkable tree-lined streets.
- Another of our favorite things to do in Walla Walla this fall is to go hot air ballooning over the golden fields of the valley below. Normally, fall is a time to celebrate another fun event, the Walla Walla Balloon Stampede – but that will just have to wait for 2021!
Relax in Luxury at our Walla Walla Hotel
There are so many wonderful things to do in Walla Walla this fall, and so much to love about this uniquely wonderful area. Of course, while you’re visiting, you’ll also need someplace to stay. Indulge, and let yourself enjoy an experience you won’t forget, and stay at our 5-star Walla Walla hotel.
We’re a small property situated between Walla Walla and the Tri-Cities, giving you an unparalleled opportunity to enjoy everything this area has to offer. With just 7 guest rooms, you can also expect a quality experience unlike what you’d find at traditional hotels, too. And that’s not all!
The Cameo Heights Mansion has an extensive selection of amenities, including a game room, a movie room, a pool, and a world-class restaurant for on-site dining. We also offer a number of packages to help you make the most out of your time with us. You’ll need more than a day to experience it all, and we’d love to share it with you this fall! Discover your favorite things to do in Walla Walla this fall, and book your room at our luxury hotel today!