There are so many fantastic things to do in Walla Walla; it’s no wonder why it’s one of the best places for a weekend getaway in Washington. Walla Walla is home to about 120 world-class wineries—so wine tasting will be a must, but you’ll also find museums, galleries, hiking and biking trails, fantastic restaurants, and so much more. Walla Walla is under three hours from Spokane and just over four hours from Seattle—the perfect amount of time for a road trip for a weekend away.
Before you start packing your itinerary full of all the best things to do in Walla Walla, you’ll want to secure your lodging, and Cameo Heights Mansion is the premier bed and breakfast in Walla Walla for your travels. Not only will you experience luxurious guest suites tailored to pampering and relaxation, but you’ll also get to take advantage of our outdoor pool, shared theater and game rooms, and enjoy exquisite meals at The Vine Fine Dining, our on-site restaurant. Believe us when we say we’ve thought of everything!
The Best Things to do in Walla Walla this Year
While most visitors to the Walla Walla Valley come with the intention of wine tasting at as many Washington wineries as possible, there’s a great selection of other activities to pepper in between sips of vino. Here are a handful of our favorite things to do in Walla Walla on your next getaway.
- Hiking in the Blue Mountains: There’s a trail for every skill level and experience in Walla Walla. From the leisurely strolls at the Whitman Mission National Historic Site to the rocky inclines at Palouse Falls State Park—strap on those boots and break a sweat.
- Kayaking at Bennington Lake: For those who prefer their adventures on the water, Bennington Lake is the perfect calm body of water for an afternoon of paddling. This is one of the most relaxing things to do in Walla Walla, hands down.
- Summer Concert Series: On First and Main Street in downtown Walla Walla, Saturday evenings come alive with local performers and musicians.
- Shopping in Downtown Walla Walla: Before the concert downtown, be sure to stroll the picturesque tree-lined main street lined with charming local boutiques, gift shops, wineries, and cafes.
- The Best Wineries in Walla Walla: As a guest at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be within a 30-mile radius of more than 100 Washington wineries. A few of the closest picks are Woodward Canyon, the Waterbrook Tasting Room, and Three Rivers Winery. All fabulous places to taste some crisp, light whites and big, bold reds.
- Walla Walla Restaurants: There’s a host of excellent restaurants in downtown Walla Walla to check out; here’s a list of our favorite picks. But as a guest at our B&B, one of the best places to eat in Walla Walla will be steps from your guest suite. The Vine Fine Dining has everything you’ll want for a memorable meal. This is also where you’ll enjoy our complimentary breakfast service each morning.
- Staying at Cameo Heights Mansion: Staying at our luxury B&B is one of the best things to do in Walla Walla. Not only does your lodging become a big part of your getaway. But you’ll feel entirely at home and welcome here. You’ll be treated like a VIP from the minute you arrive to the moment we send you off.
All the Fantastic Things to do at Our Walla Walla B&B
Can you imagine a better view for your next romantic getaway in Washington? Our Inn is surrounded by vineyards and orchards, creating a secluded oasis to relax and unwind. Taking a dip in our waterfall-fed pool is by far one of the most refreshing things to do in Walla Walla. If you pull yourself away from your luxurious guest suite, you’ll find more than enough exciting activities to fill your days. And that’s not even including a treatment at our on-site spa!