If you’re looking for a change in both scenery and pace, then you may want to consider visiting us in Walla Walla this summer. Not only are there a number of incredible things to do in Walla Walla, but our Inn offers you a chance to escape, relax, and renew your spirit. Our hotel is set in the stunning countryside just outside of Walla Walla and the Tri-cities. With 7 guest rooms and plenty of amenities to enjoy, we offer you an intimate escape in the heart of Washington’s extraordinary wine country.
Walla Walla’s wineries, tasting rooms, restaurants, and stores are open again and would love the opportunity to show you just how special our corner of Washington State is. Whether you want to enjoy some time wine tasting around Walla Walla, hiking in the Blue Mountains, cycling on our country roads, or relaxing poolside while enjoying the incredible scenery, there are plenty of things to do in Walla Walla.
To transform your getaway from the ordinary to something extraordinary, consider booking a room at our Walla Walla hotel, where pampering comes standard. We’d love nothing more than the chance to take care of you this summer. Book a room at our luxurious Walla Walla hotel today!
10 Incredibly Fun Things to do in Walla Walla
So, you’ve made the decision to visit us in Walla Walla, and now you’re wondering what there is to do in the area? Well, apart from sitting back and letting us take care of you, you’re in luck! There are plenty of fun things to do in Walla Walla.
If you’d like a little help as you start planning your getaway, we’ve listed 10 of our most popular recommendations when it comes to things to do in Walla Walla. There’s so much more, though, so don’t hesitate to ask us for further recommendations!
- Let’s start off our list of things to do in Walla Walla with one of the more obvious activities; wine tasting! There are more than 100 wineries within a 35-mile radius of us, so it’s entirely possible to spend days sipping and swirling your way through Walla Walla without paying much attention to anything else. We recently wrote a blog featuring some of our favorite wineries in the area, but of course, there are far more than just those listed here.
- Wine isn’t the only thing to enjoy a taste of while you’re here! Walla Walla is also home to a number of great breweries and distilleries. A few possibilities include Dragon’s Gate Brewery, Water Buffalo Brewery, Burwood Brewery, Crossbuck Brewing, and Quirk Brewing.
- Visit one of the many wonderful art galleries or museums in Walla Walla, and immerse yourself in the art, culture, and history of this charming part of Washington.
- Walla Walla boasts one of the top-rated golf courses in the northwest, the Walla Walla Country Club. So, if you’re at all into golf you might not want to miss this experience. We also have a golf ball driving range on our property if you want a little practice beforehand!
- Explore a little bit of the region’s pioneer history at the Whitman Mission National Historic Site, or perhaps dig into more history at the Fort Walla Walla Museum.
- Soar over the vineyards below, and appreciate Walla Walla from the air. Hot air ballooning is one of the most beautiful ways to see the valley on a clear summer day. In October, Walla Walla is home to the famed Walla Walla Balloon Stampede, when dozens of hot air balloons take to the sky, transforming Walla Walla into a magical scene.
- Take a hike in the picturesque Blue Mountains of Washington. The area is known for its relatively untouched wilderness, and, accordingly, there are some truly wonderful hikes in this area. We’d love to share our favorites with you when you’re here.
- Savor a delicious meal at one of the area’s best restaurants, like The Vine Restaurant, which is located right here onsite at the Cameo Heights Mansion. It is open to guests as well as other visitors to the area. We’ve listed a few of our other local favorites on our recent blog, here.
- Enjoy some shopping in downtown Walla Walla, which is home to some wonderfully eclectic shops. Pick up some delicious cheese for a picnic or to snack on from the Walla Walla Cheese Company, browse the amazing collection of albums, 8-tracks, and tie-dye shirts at Hot Poop (Yep, Hot Poop!), or pick up some relaxing goodies at Midnight Oil Soap Company.
- Visit Palouse Falls State Park, home to the incredibly beautiful 200-foot tall Palouse Falls. The park’s unique geology is fascinating and well worth an afternoon.
Where to Stay in Walla Walla
Staying in the heart of Walla Walla’s wine country is a treat for the senses, especially when you stay with us at our Walla Walla hotel. Cameo Heights Mansion is so much more than a hotel; we’re a destination. Between our 7 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and extensive amenities to world-class on-site dining, you’ll want for little while you’re here.
With so many incredible things to do in Walla Walla this summer, you’ll probably want at least a few days to explore it all. Our small boutique size and stunning location are just a couple of things that make us a wonderful choice for lodging and set us apart from our competition. We look forward to showing you the rest when you’re here. Book your room at our Walla Walla hotel today!