There are so many incredible things to do in Walla Walla this fall, all made better with the vibrant changing of the leaves and the cooler weather, along with numerous festive events at the local wineries in Walla Walla to celebrate the season. One of the most popular events in Walla Walla is the Wine Fall Release Weekend. This tasting event celebrates the new vintages and special releases from the local vineyards.
Whether you’re a beginner taster or a wine enthusiast, this is a weekend you won’t want to miss. This fun Walla Walla Wine Festival typically occurs on the first weekend of November, after the fall harvest has drawn to a close and the wines from the previous seasons have been aged and ready for the masses. Many collectors head to these wineries in Walla Walla with plans to restock their cellar with new vintage releases hitting the sales counter. And out on a wine tasting excursion at these Walla Walla wineries, you’ll also find exclusive deals at harvest time.
Our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast is the best place to stay for the harvest season and fall release weekend. We’re nearby more than 100 wineries in Walla Walla but set back from the hustle and bustle of Washington Wine Country during harvest. Our elegant inn sets the perfect tone for a romantic getaway—after wine tastings in the valley, you’ll love returning to your beautifully equipped guest suite with everything you need to sit back and relax. It’s not too soon to plan ahead for fall! Book your room today!
The Best Wineries in Walla Walla for Fall Release Weekend
The absolute best way to explore these wineries in Walla Walla during the harvest seasons is on a wine tour. Check out our chauffeured limo tour options through our bed and breakfast. Having door-to-door service makes all the difference, and we’re always happy to help plan your trip to the nearby Walla Walla wineries.
Here are eight of our favorite wineries in Walla Walla to visit near our Bed and Breakfast:
- Woodward Canyon: Head to the charming tasting room in an elegantly renovated 1870s farmhouse and taste through some of the best Cabernet Sauvignon in the state; this is one of the best wineries in Walla Walla to visit on fall release weekend.
- Long Shadows: Sit in the Chihuly-blown glass-adorned tasting room, and take in the sweeping views of the vineyards and the Blue Mountains, all while sipping some very bold reds.
- Reininger: Come for the balanced and lush wines entirely sourced from Walla Walla fruit. The tasting room is a picturesque setting, perfect for a romantic wine tasting experience during the autumn months.
- Three Rivers Winery: This Walla Walla winery started growing vines in the Columbia Valley AVA in 1999. The airy and open tasting room is a lovely spot to stop for a flight. Or head to the outdoor patio and take in the spectacular view of the vineyards and the Whitman Mission with the Blue Mountains off in the distance.
- Waterbrook: Only about 20 minutes down the road, you’ll find one of the most impressive tasting rooms in Walla Walla. Take in the panoramic views overlooking ponds and the Blue Mountains. Grab a spot on the patio for a farm-to-table lunch, and order a bottle of Cabernet.
- L’Ecole No 41: As one of the most successful and recognized wineries in Walla Walla, visit this converted Frenchtown schoolhouse for elegant wines, rolling green lawns, and bustling vineyards during harvest.
- Northstar Winery: One of the more extraordinary things to do in Walla Walla is the blending experience at Northstar Winery. First, you’ll taste through a limited-release lineup of Northstar wines. Then you’ll get to try creating your own wine blend and take a bottle home to enjoy later.
- Cougar Crest Estate Winery: Enjoy a wine tasting at this modern prairie-designed Walla Walla winery, and watch the harvest in the vines. As an awarded-winning winery, the vintages here continue to impress even the pickiest wine drinkers.
Stay at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast for Fall Release Weekend
Our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast is the perfect lodging for your fall getaways in Washington wine country. Our location is ideal for a getaway for relaxation and rejuvenation while also being just close enough to all the action of downtown and the best wineries in Walla Walla, with only seven guest suites with only the finest amenities, spa-like en suite baths, and beautiful outdoor spaces. You’ll never experience unwanted crowds or noise, and our spacious Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast offers plenty of room for privacy and quiet.
For those here specifically with romance and relaxation in mind, you’ll want to book a treatment at the Country Spa at the Mansion. It’s the perfect addition to your trip! Afterward, you’ll want to make a reservation at our on-site gourmet restaurant, The Vine Fine Dining, one of the best farm-to-table restaurants in Walla Walla, specializing in a seven-course prix fixe style menu. Sample all of the dishes or order them individually, a la carte. For a more intimate experience, you can enjoy your meal in your private suite for an additional fee.
You’ll want to get your lodging on the books, as we tend to fill up around harvest season. Our Walla Walla bed and breakfast is in the ideal location for experiencing fall harvest to its fullest. We also offer some fantastic wine tour packages with transportation, making heading to these events at these Walla Walla wineries as easy as possible. Take all the guesswork out and allow our knowledgeable concierge to plan your route. Start planning your next vacation to wine country, and book your room today!